This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
Sioux Falls, SD
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Description
Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies (SGT) is seeking a Systems Engineer to join its talented team in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. SGT, headquartered in Greenbelt, Maryland, is the prime Technical Services Support Contractor (TSSC) to the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), providing support in the areas of science, engineering and technical operations at the Earth Resources Observation and Science (EROS) Center (http://eros.usgs.gov/) near Sioux Falls, SD (http://www.siouxfalls.org). This System Engineering position will focus on performing trade studies on diverse system architectures and potential efficiencies to architectures currently in use within the Landsat project. The candidate will have experience in cloud and in enterprise architectures.
The Landsat Systems Engineer provides technical support and systems engineering for the various Landsat systems
* Communicate and coordinate activities and technical status with various Landsat Task Leads and other Landsat Project team members, as appropriate
* Conduct systems engineering activities as defined in the Landsat Systems Engineering Management Plan (SEMP) including preparing systems operations concepts, developing and implementing system requirements, defining and documenting system interface definitions, conducting architecture and trade study analysis, and developing integration plans.
* Provide leadership and guidance on engineering aspects of the development and integration of multiple systems through system analysis and design, system integration, and decision analysis and resolution.
* Provide support on technical and engineering matters, leading or participating in Trade Studies, simulations and modeling.
* Provide technical support on analysis, prototyping, and implementation of cloud computing and enterprise architectures.
* Participate in peer reviews.
* Support technical activities with other applicable personnel internal and external to the Landsat Project.
* Support special projects and initiatives as assigned by the Landsat Task Lead or Landsat Assistant Task Lead, which may include activities such as trade studies or process improvements.
* Support USGS Landsat Project Management data calls and scenario development along with the assistance of the Landsat Task Lead, Landsat Assistant Task Lead, and other Landsat team members.
* Ability to meet milestone deliverables
* Ability to lead and interface effectively with other engineering staff of a multi-disciplined team, including strong interpersonal and team skills
* Excellent organizational, communication, and analytical skills
* Verbal/Presentation Skills: Ability to support project reviews (preliminary and critical design, pre-ship, test and operational readiness), provide briefings upon request, conduct project reviews
* Written skills: Ability to develop and review technical documentation including Requirements, Operations Concepts, Trade Studies, Interface Control Documents (ICDs), Interface Requirements Documents (IRDs), test plans, procedures, etc.
* Able to evaluate customer needs and translate into technical requirements or engineering activities
* Thorough understanding of systems development lifecycle and systems engineering role and competencies throughout lifecycle
* Capable of providing solutions to a variety of problems that may arise in an expeditious, efficient, and timely manner
* Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
* Proficient in using MS Office Suite (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Project)
Education and Experience: BS in Engineering and Computer Science and at least five years of experience
The candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a national agency check and background investigation after hire to obtain a badge for facility access and user accounts.
This position will be posted to the career opportunities listing on the SGT website (http://www.sgt-inc.com).
This position may be filled by a SGT teammate on the TSSC Contract. Please apply on line.
SGT is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/m/f/disabled/veteran.