Systems Engineer 1, Storage
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 12/30/2016
Looking for a rewarding and challenging career with a dynamic, growing organization? Phacil is your answer. We have an immediate need for a Storage and Virtualization Administrator to support an important government customer in Wichita, KS
Clearance Level (Required to Start): Secret
Provide support for management of VMware ESX virtual infrastructures and EMC data storage solutions as required for specific platforms and enterprise applications. Administer the functions and capabilities of the virtual infrastructures and provide as applicable, but not limited to, wing level virtual infrastructures, application configurations, schema management, permissions management, and data structure management.
Daily Job Responsibilities:
* Assist in activities involving deployment of new virtual infrastructures and the provisioning of virtual machines as required to ANG Enterprise locations.
* Assist ANG Enterprise Network primary Wing customers in the maintenance and use of deployed virtual infrastructures and data storage solutions.
* Monitor storage and virtual infrastructure capacity and performance. Advise service area managers when capacity and performance standard thresholds endanger continuity of designed operations.
* Administer and audit user access to managed systems. Ensure audit trails are periodically reviewed for all managed systems.
* Review server event logs daily for anomalies and security incidents. Take corrective actions to prevent future occurrences.
* Configure, manage and troubleshoot Virtual Machine (VM) applications.
* Configure, manage, troubleshoot, and perform backup and restoral procedures using CommVault Backup application.
* Understanding of Air Force and ANG network systems and processes.
* Minimum of 5 years work related IT experience commensurate with tasks outlined in this service area.
* Knowledge of IT governance and operations.
* Comprehensive knowledge of VMware 4.x/5.x environments.
* Knowledge maintaining Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008/2012.
Minimum Required Skills:
* Ability to monitor systems and understand status updates.
* Ability to deal with customers that may not be network savvy.
* Ability to work in and enter tickets in Remedy ticketing systems.
* Knowledge of Vcenter and Vsphere environments.
* Able to create detailed technical documents.
* Be able to walk in and understand the virtual environment with minimal supervision.
Degree Required: BS Preferred
Certification Requirements: CommVault Certified Professional, Security + (CE)
Travel Requirement: 5% if that much
Mostly Monday-Friday, 8-9 hours per day, First and Second shift (may be adjusted in the future), to include weekend work when needed.
Phacil is a leading provider of mission-focused, results-driven technology solutions to the federal government. We continually demonstrate Commitment to our customers, Excellence in performance, and Service to the nation. Customers trust Phacil to solve their most complex challenges by delivering uniquely-tailored technology solutions that maximize value and mission success.
Phacil offers a diverse range of technology services, including Software Services, Systems Engineering/Integration and Operations (SEI&O), Cyber Security and Service Desk. Our team of nearly 900 energetic, highly-skilled professionals support customers across the country and abroad.
Phacil continually strives for performance excellence as evidenced by corporate certifications, such as ISO 9001:2015 and ISO/IEC 27001:2013, performing certified ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 and CMMI Maturity Level 3 (for both Development and Services) work on contracts. Phacil has won numerous awards, including rankings on Washington Business Journal's Top Government Technology Contractors, CRN Solution Provider 500, and Tech Council of MD's Contracting Firm of the Year, to name a few.