Trimble is recruiting for an Inertial Systems Engineer to fill an opportunity in Sunnyvale, CA.
This is a research and development position focused on delivering next generation products on an aggressive schedule for the market leader in Geospatial products. The Inertial Systems Engineer must have deep experience integrating accelerometers, gyros and magnetometers into precision navigation equipment. Initial assignments will focus on the mechanical, electrical and control system software necessary to integrate inertial components with other sensor types in rugged equipment intended precise positioning applications. Duties will include coordinating with domain experts across Trimble and also mentoring junior engineers.
Candidates must be able to work independently, closely with others in a small team, and to coordinate with others internationally as the situation requires. A successful candidate will have a proven track record of creative problem solving and successful implementation coupled with strong communication skills and attention to detail.
* Works with the project team, the domain experts, product owners, and the end customers to establish achievable requirements and communicate them to management.
* Identifies and clarifies project goals, establishes useful technical milestones, and breaks down engineering tasks to be performed.
* Produces functional technical designs, then implements and tests those designs to meet established requirements
* Works with production and service to establish realizable calibration and test methodologies.
* Contributes new ideas and innovation within the team
* Other duties as required and requested by management
Skills & Experience Required:
* University degree in control systems, geoinformatics or related disciplines;
* Professional background in one or more of: inertial navigation systems, sensor fusion, Kalman filtering, precision navigation, computer vision / SLAM and 3D modelling;
* Computer Science knowledge: C, C++, MATLAB, Python;
* Solid background in mathematics, algorithms and control system theory.
* Excellent written and spoken English communication skills
* True team player, reactive & proactive, motivated to work in an international cross-team collaboration
* Ability to document and present major platform design decisions and their rationales to technical and non-technical audiences
* Ability to adapt well to changing priorities in a fast-paced development environment
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D