Systems Engineer (Tetra)
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Unisys is a worldwide information technology company. We provide a portfolio of IT services, software, and technology that solves critical problems for clients. We specialize in helping clients secure their operations, increase the efficiency and utilization of their data centers, enhance support to their end users and constituents, and modernize their enterprise applications. To provide these services and solutions, we bring together offerings and capabilities in outsourcing services, systems integration and consulting services, infrastructure services, maintenance services, and high-end server technology. With approximately 22,500 employees, Unisys serves commercial organizations and government agencies throughout the world.
Education & Experience:
BS degree & minimum 8 years of experience or equivalent.
Experienced systems engineer and administer to provide Linux engineering, software integration and tier three administrations in the context of an automated cloud provisioning environment. Primary duties include performing systems administration, maintenance, and engineering in multiple large enterprise server environments (Linux, Red Hat, CentOS).
- Provide technical guidance in software engineering techniques and automated support tools
- Analyze functional business applications and design specifications for functional activities
- Prepare required documentation, including both program-level and user level documentation
- Assist in establishing standards for information systems procedures
- Provide operational pager/phone duty support
- Complete day to day Operations & Maintenance tasks
- Perform operating system software updates, upgrades and patches
- Perform technical evaluations, analysis and troubleshooting for all supported servers in response to help desk tickets including, server failures, full systems outages and troubleshooting
- Assist in server maintenance and special projects, during extended work hours
- Attend TEMs to discuss and agree upon MOAs, ensuring MOA is within scope of supporting teams' work
- Support customer in the development and maintenance of systems baseline
- Assess server loads and work with Technical Leads on developing tuning recommendations
- Additional duties as assigned.
-Required skills: - Linux Engineering experience in Red Hat, CentOS and variants
- Proficiency in shell scripting and manipulating the Linux command
-Desired Skills: Puppet, PHP, Cloud Foundry, Cloud computing including PaaS, IaaS and SaaS, Python, PHP, LAMP
Clearance Required: TS/SCI w/ FSP
Do you have what it takes to be mission-critical? Apply Now.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com .
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED. img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=http://unisys.contacthr.com/50579451.jpg