This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Systems Engineer will be involved in the development of products throughout the design and development life cycle. The Systems Engineer will be play a major role in the development of requirements, system architecture, test plans and procedures, evaluation of design compliance, testing and development of certification data. This position will lead the Functional Configuration Audit (FCA) at the conclusion of the program as well as be responsible for determining how to decompose and allocate reliability and safety requirements. The Systems Engineer will also evaluate reliability and safety deliverables.
Job Core Responsibilities
* Support the definition of system and LRU requirements.
* Use requirements management tools such as DOORS to develop test plans, test cases and test procedures and to trace these to the requirements to be verified.
* Support the development of system architectures and designs in order to properly define test cases. Knowledge of UML and SysML is desired.
* Conduct and oversee verification activities. Ensures that products developed satisfy customer needs, regulatory and derived requirements.
* Responsible for ensuring that the supporting data that demonstrates compliance is properly collected so that test reports can be produced and functional audits may be successfully conducted.
* Produce compliance matrices demonstrating design compliance throughout the design and development life cycle.
* Applies expertise in conducting a range of testing and verification of components and systems, throughout the development process
* Resolves technical issues and explains complex information to others
* Works with other team members and acts as a technical focal point for the development of system components
* Coordinates between technical activities of the system and the various disciplines
* Ensures that the customers' requirements for all product/module-level deliverables are clearly defined and documented
* Defines and maintains documentation (e.g. Interface Control Documents)
* Coordinates system integration between the various system development disciplines
* Other responsibilities as assigned
* Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
* Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
Education : Post-secondary degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering preferred.
Years Experience : 3 - 5 years of relevant experience
* A minimum of 3-5 years experience with the design of aircraft systems or similarly complex and federally regulated systems.
* Experience testing/verifying systems that will integrate with aircraft electrical systems or similarly complex and federally regulated systems.
* Working knowledge of requirements management tools such as DOORS, or similar tools is preferred.
* Experience performing a requirements analysis in order to establish a requirements baseline and to allocate requirements to lower levels.
* Experience with system architecting and knowledge of SysML or UML
* Working knowledge of FAA and regulatory qualification requirements including DO-160, D0-178B, and DO-254
* Proficient with software development life cycle
* Excellent problem solving skills using technical experience, judgment and precedents
* Effective interpersonal skills to drive tasks to completion
* Ability to explain technical information of a more complex nature in an effective manner
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.