Systems Engineer, Virtualization
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 1/28/2017
Black Box Network Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosting Title
Systems Engineer, Virtualization
Black Box Network Services Government Solutions is a premier provider of Voice, Data, Information Transport, and Infrastructure services and products to the Federal Government and supporting organizations.
This position supports Black Box Government Solutions quarterly and annual revenue objectives by providing subject matter expertise in the designing/configuring of voice, video and data networks in response to complex technical requirements as defined in Federal Government Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and Quotes (RFQs).
* Design and drive Next Generation Data Center solutions, with a focus on all aspects of virtualization.
* Support pre-sales pilots, demonstrations, proofs of concepts (POC), evaluation, and benchmarks
* Perform in-depth and technical presentations to Black Box Customers around portfolio capabilities, use cases, and competitive differentiation
* Support Black Box Government Solutions in the development, preparation, and presentation of technical proposals, configurations, diagrams, bill of materials and quotes.
* Produce technical design guides for network deployments.
* Evaluate solutions in a multiple vendor environment to determine best overall value.
* Engineer and manage deployment of systems and networks.
* Engineer and manage any changes in requirements.
* Analyze RFPs, RFIs TEPs, quotes documents etc. to understand requirements.
* Attend site surveys/site visits as required.
* Design data networks and solutions and related components and prepare bills of material in response to customer requirements as defined in RFPs, quotes, etc.
* Define the technical support required to maintain proposed network architectures.
* Prepare Scopes for Work (SOW) for labor requirements.
* Obtain sub-contractor labor quotes and validate.
* Obtain quotes for any associated 3rd party ancillary equipment.
* Develop project plans using Microsoft Project.
* Develop vendor specific training plans and obtain and validate quotes.
* Build and maintain relationships with product vendors (Avaya, Brocade, Cisco, HP, NEC, Tellabs, etc.)
* Knowledge in Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS) offerings from the major Cloud Service Providers (CSP)
* Experience and/or working knowledge within the SDN, cloud computing and virtualization constructs.
* Experienced in the design and operation of large scale Virtualization, Utility Computing and Cloud based platforms in a SaaS environment.
* Experience developing or contributing to the development of an enterprise architecture and/or Infrastructure architecture framework is strongly desired
* Knowledge of Government technical requirements related to telecommunications, such as the Joint Interoperability Test Command (JITC) Unified Capabilities Approved Products List (UC APL), DODI 8500.2 Information Assurance (IA) Implementation, Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), etc. desired.
* Detail oriented and able to multi-task effectively.
* Works well under pressure and in time constrained environments.
* Ability to prepare written documents describing technical features and capabilities of solutions including equipment hardware, software, applications, etc.
* Ability to analyze complex information and make recommendations and selections.
* Knowledge of Avaya, Brocade, Cisco, HP, Juniper, Genband, and NEC product lines
* Knowledge of network monitoring and management systems, such as CA Spectrum, Brocade IronView, CiscoWorks, HP OpenView, Sniffer, etc.
* Knowledge of Unified Messaging, Automated Call Distribution, Telephony Firewall, Passive Optical Networking (PON), Conference Bridge and Infrastructure design is desired.
* Knowledge of application service delivery and feature rich mobility services.
* Bachelor s degree in Engineering, Telecommunications, or other related technical major. Significant work experience may be considered an acceptable substitute for degree.
* Significant and senior level background around data center architectures and protocols in the Ethernet / IP areas, a particular focus on Ethernet switching, software networking to include Open Source protocols, services and architectures.
* Minimum 5-7 years pre and post sales engineering experience designing and implementing data networks and solutions in a telecommunications sales organization or equivalent.
* Experience in the Federal Government marketplace is preferred.
* Desired Certifications: VMWare, Red Hat, AWS, MCSE, CCIE, CCNA, CCNP, CISSP, BCNE, BCNP, or equivalent.
Black Box is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with federal, state and local laws, Black Box does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status, and endorses those policies and practices which seek to recruit, hire, train and promote the most qualified persons into available jobs.
Apply to job Save to cart
Black Box Network Services is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.