Systems Engrg 1
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Systems Engrg 1Job ID:
Systems Engineer I (New Grad) Req ID:
CN20160609-13920 Work Location:
Greenbelt, MDJob Description:We are seeking a Systems Engineer to support new and existing NASA Space Network satellite communication system projects. The selected candidate will ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that meet the technical requirements, as well as acknowledge the schedule and cost constraints. The engineer will perform functional analysis, detailed trade studies, requirements assessment and allocation, and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.This position requires expertise in all phases of System Design Life Cycle:* Requirements generation and analysis
* System architecture and network design
* Concept of operations development
* Requirements, Specifications, Design, ConOps, and Interface Control Documents development
* Hardware/software component testing and system integration/testingOther responsibilities include:* Market research on existing or new communication products
* Provide system engineering support to other projects
* Provide system engineering support for Risk Analysis
* Interface with customers and vendors
* Give presentationsRequired Experience:* A Bachelor's Degree in Math or Engineering and 0-2 years of relevant experience is required
* The candidate should have general knowledge of satellite communication system
* The applicant should have proven experience in analyzing large data sets and applying results to identified problems
* This position requires the candidate to be able to obtain a secret security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenshipDesired Skills:* NASA Space Network experience and TDRS knowledge
* Basic hardware and software hands-on development experience
* Basic system integration and testing experience
* Proficient with MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Word and MS VisioHarris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions. Job Profile Matching Criteria:Expertise --Systems Education Bachelors (or equivalent work experience) Job Type Full Time Location USA - MD - Greenbelt .