This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
Arnold & Porter LLP
JOB DESCRIPTIONArnold & Porter LLP is seeking a dynamic Systems/Exchange Engineer in the Washington, DC office that will be a member of a highly experienced team responsible for the direction and health of our server systems infrastructure, while supporting applications served by it. The ideal candidate for this role will have a strong record of managing enterprise infrastructure systems and software, scripting, project management skills and the ability to work well in a collaborative team environment.
The Engineer will actively seek to understand end user computing needs and design implementations, management procedures, and automation appropriate to the policies of the Firm and the needs of the users. Technologies utilized include Exchange, Windows Server, PowerShell, Active Directory, and VMware.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
* Serving as technical analyst with the ability to plan and manage the full life-cycle of a complex, multi-phase application integration and implementation project as a sole contributor.
* Provide written requirements, system architecture plans and designs, test plans, implementation plans, operation guides, and overall subject matter expertise for designated technologies.
* Analyzing current enterprise and making recommendations for capacity planning, performance tuning and design issues.
* Assist with adherence to technology policies and comply with all security controls.
* Create and maintain documentation as it relates to supported systems, services and quality assurance policies and procedures.
* Maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to supported systems and services.
* Identifying and prioritizing system requirements, patches, and enhancements.
* Communicating status and key business information effectively to both executive management and internal customers.
* Work closely with key vendors to support infrastructure, address escalated issues and keep current with technology portfolio.
* Maintain an "expert knowledge level" in the functionality of all firm enterprise applications, including, but not limited to, electronic messaging, document management, financial systems, human resource systems, remote access capabilities and practice support systems.
* Serving as 3rd level of escalation help desk support for department software services in assigned areas of responsibility.
* Participate in after-hours on-call rotation and occasional after hours work.
* Bachelor's degree (BS in Computer Science preferred) or equivalent experience.
* A minimum of five years of experience as a systems engineer in a client technology focused engineering team.
* Previous experience in legal information technology preferred.
* Significant experience managing Microsoft Server operating systems, Active Directory and a highly available Microsoft Exchange environment.
* Ability to work well under pressure, facilitate solutions, and meet deadlines and milestones for projects assigned.
* Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and adjust to changing priorities in a professional manner.
* Strong analytical, creative problem solving and process improvement skills.
* Proven ability to maintain and update technical knowledge and skills.
* Demonstrated ability to maintain high ethical standards and strict confidentiality of all information on the network.
* Excellent communication skills including the ability to translate complex technical requirements/solutions to management.
* Strong documentation skills using Visio and other tools to maintain current architectural diagrams.
* Ability to effectively support a multi-office, multi-time zones environment.
* Flexibility to work additional hours as needed, including weekends, evenings and holidays.
* Experience managing S