Systems Project Manager, Kohler WI
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSystems Project Manager, Kohler WI
Are you an experienced Systems Project Manager who thrives in a fast-paced, hands-on culture? Do you enjoy leading project teams on complex, multi- functional projects? Then consider joining Kohler as a Systems Project Manager where you can utilize your skillset to manage a group of professional IT associates and help roll out various programs of global scope.
The Systems Project Manager is responsible for the project management of $1 million plus IT systems implementations. Most of Kohler Co. IT's implementations are based on SAP and require the project manager to have experience in leading implementations that are business process focused and have team sizes of 50 plus (inclusive of business and IT resources). The Project Leader must have leadership skills to manage upwardly to senior executives as well as motivate core team members. Demonstrated usage of a project methodology is a significant plus, whether it is CMM, PMI, etc. This position requires up to 35% international and US domestic travel per year, depending upon project location and project timeline.
* Project management leadership related to planning and executing project processes that support meeting the project deliverables. This includes activities related to requirements gathering, master data preparation, issues management and resolution, status management, resource planning, testing, training, change management, and go-live cutover and support.
* Provide spirited, positive leadership in the design and implementation of systems projects.Challenge obsolete practices, question accepted truths, and eliminate non-value-added processes. Develop practical systems scope that enhances the business function. Control the project scope, resources and quality within budget and schedule to meet objectives.
* Provide analysis, counsel and direction to management and personnel of operating units to analyze problems and develop solutions, as well as assure efficient operation of existing systems. Maintain an understanding of business processes and the implications of computer systems on these processes.
* Direct, schedule, coordinate and evaluate the efforts of information technology, user and vendor personnel assigned to a specific systems project. May directly supervise and be accountable for a small team.
* Prepare and conduct project review meetings and management presentations including general design review, project scheduling, test plan, system and program tactics and methods, system controls, procedures, systems documentation, and system implementation
* Prepare and publish systems project status reports. Comply with systems development methodology, standards, procedures, guidelines, priorities and schedules.
* Develop high-level system specifications. Assist in developing system documentation. Advise on user procedures. Assist in the preparation of general test plan. Coordinate system tests.
Qualified candidates will meet the following requirements
* Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Business, Supply Chain or related field required.
* 7+ years of IT experience.
Additional skills sought include:
* Significant depth of expertise and track record of accomplishments in project management in one or more IT functional areas.
* Project Management certification a plus, but not required. Emphasis is on demonstrated use of CMM, PMI, etc.
Why Work at Kohler?
Kohler's mission is to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. We understand that it takes investment in our associates' development to make that happen. So, we offer ongoing investment in each individual's personal development and the opportunity to collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler.
In addition to the investment in your development, Kohler offers a benefits package including a competitive salary, health, vision, dental, 401(k) with company matching, and more!
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at www.kohler.com .
It is Kohler's policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified personnel in all job classifications without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or veteran status. If, as an individual with a disability, you need reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact email@example.com . Kohler Co. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.