Systems Software Programmer 9/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION SUMMARY:
Seeking candidates for a Systems Software Programmer Position with a major School System in Miami, Florida. The position is a full-time contract opportunity lasting one year. The Systems Software Programmer will be responsible for assisting with legislative mandates from the Department ofEducation related to FTE funding, Class Size Reporting, Teacher Allocations for World Language Programs and mentoring existing employees in Legacy applications and software products for the Student Services Applications. The programming languages required are Cobol, CICS, Ezetrieve, BMC Control Products, CLIST and Natural, OS-JCL, TSO and IBM mainframe utility software. The candidate is responsible for these tasks, in addition to the tasks listed below.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Reporting maintaining and modifying different student formats to the DOE, as legislation mandates.
* Reporting and maintaining data to be reported to the DOE pertaining to Class Size.
* Reporting, maintaining and modifying student data to be reported to MDCPS Budget department. (CASAS)
* Reporting, maintaining and modifying data for ESE and ESOL allocations for the District
* Reporting, maintaining and modifying data for Virtual Schools calculations and DOE reporting
* Have more than 10years' experience working on mainframe legacy systems
* Proficient with COBOL, EZTrieve, JCL, CICS, BMC products, CLIST, Natural, IBM Utility software
* Experience in working with the Department ofEducation in modifying existing systems for legislative mandates related to FTE, ELL, ESE and all other state reporting formats.
Full-time position working weekdays during normal business hours, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.