Systems Support Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
Provides advanced technical, product, and services solutions to TycoIS, Puerto Rico and Virgin Island technicians, sub-contractors and sales representatives. Assist associates in selling, installing, and servicing commercial and residential security systems and knowledge of down loading software. The candidate should have a basic knowledge of computers, networking, routers and Windows (XP, Vista and 7). Be able to provide support on Web Browsers (Windows Internet Explorer and Fire Fox). Candidate must have previous experience in Burglar alarms, Fire alarms, Video equipment or Card access equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provide advanced technical support / information via phone or email.
* Provide advanced support on access control and video systems.
* Assist in product testing and evaluations of fire alarm equipment.
* Interface with data departments regarding downloaders software and data communications.
* Provide basic sales and product support.
* Provide National Accounts support with special projects.
* Document cause and result of calls contributing to group knowledge base.
* Contribute to new procedures and updates as needed.
* Assist Engineering in new product testing, evaluations and help the Roll out team bring new products to market.
* Assist the Download department with the testing and implementation of Downloading software used to remotely program control panels.
* Assists in preparation and distribution of documentation.
* Provide Mastermind signal interpretations to field technicians.
* Provide support on router configuration diagnosing problems.
* Provide basic support networking issues.
* Trade school or 2 year associates degree preferred.
* 3 to 5 years work related experience as alarm technician or TycoIS sales representative.
* Basic phone, computer, email, and Microsoft office software.
* Good verbal and written communications skills.
* Advanced understanding of security and video systems.
* Excellent problem solving skills.