This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 12/20/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
Clifton Park, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
* Complete Service Acknowledgement with proper coding through communicating devices, such as laptop computers and/or hardcopy
* Follow and maintain a highly structured installation schedule
* Program all systems via laptop computer.
* Troubleshoot, repair and program all types of Communication and Security Systems
* Complete assigned installations on time and on budget
REWARDS AND BENEFITS
Well expect a lot from you, but well also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And well always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, youll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR:
* Experience programming new fire alarm systems.
* Experience with access control, security systems or CCTV a pllus.
* Knowledge of low voltage wiring, basic computer operation and troubleshooting techniques required
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools weighing up to 40 pounds
* Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing a ladder, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces above ceilings, etc.
* Ability to adhere to and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times
* Self-starter that can work with little to no supervision
* Have a valid driver's license and a driving record that meets company requirements
* NICET certification is a plus