This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/17/2016
Stanley Black & Decker
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
At Stanley Convergent Security Solutions we design, install, service, and monitor security systems that integrate intrusion, hold-up, fire, video surveillance, access control, and monitoring applications. With today's most comprehensive line of products, services, and technologies, we are the provider of choice for industrial, government, commercial, residential, and national account customers such as schools, hospitals, retailers, financial institutions, and airports.
Assembly of electronic control panels and equipment racks for SCSS correctional security systems. The Systems Technician III is responsible for building controls systems to the specifications and drawings provided by SCSS Corrections project engineers. The technicians will perform quality checks on the completed system and systems completed by other technicians. The technician may do testing of the completed system. Technician may also support engineering and service teams on job sites as required and may include completing onsite work in the absence of supporting engineers or technicians. The Systems Technician III will typically work on larger projects or jointly in a training or lead capacity with less experienced technicians. This may include oversight of other technicians project(s) and/or giving work direction to other system technicians. Additionally, the technician will assist with general shop activities such as maintaining stock levels, shop truck maintenance, etc.
* Review engineering design including electrical schematics and spreadsheets prior to starting the project.
* Communicate with engineer at project orientation meeting any questions, discrepancies in design.
* Obtain all parts from job shelves to complete project.
* Notify engineering of any parts not available to complete project.
* Mount components in 19-inch racks, Hoffman type enclosures, or custom enclosures.
* Layout components on back plates per engineering drawings.
* Drill and tap mounting holes as required.
* Cut Panduit and Din Rail to fit layout.
* Wire all components per electrical schematics and schedules documented in Excel spreadsheets.
* Interface with engineering regarding changes, progress during project.
* Maintain accurate as-built drawings and schedules.
* Intercom, video, and custom wiring and assembly.
* Perform quality inspection on completed project.
* Support engineering and/or service teams onsite as assigned.
* Train and lead less experienced technicians through projects.
* Monitor project inventory, build milestones and other project build parameters and alert project engineering manager of issues
* Complete project under budget and keep project engineering manager alerted to budget risks
* Maintain proper stock levels, shop truck maintenance and/or other general shop activities
* Perform other duties to support the manufacturing groups as assigned by supervisor
* Ability to read and interpret electrical drawings and spreadsheets.
* Ability to operate hand tools and power tools safely.
* Ability to lift 50 pounds.
* Ability to maintain a clean work environment.
* Ability to communicate effectively with engineers, technicians, and other personnel.
* Previous knowledge of integrator.com products and components preferred.
* Must be detail oriented.
* Must be able to use public transportation for business travel.
* High School Graduate or Equivalent
* Associates Degree preferred and/or 2 to 4 years previous Systems Tech II experience.
* Previous control panel building experience preferred.
* Previous electrical experience preferred.
* Travel Target 0 25%
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO Statement All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.