Systems Test Lab Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
* You will play a vital role in the duties of installation, powering, cabling, and reconfiguration of Calix products and support equipment in a Telecom lab environment
* You will own the lab support of a large-scale, leading edge network utilizing the latest technologies..
* You will drive the lab turn-up and support activities for large-scale enterprise networks by managing Telecommunications and Data-communications products and devices throughout multiple release cycles. You will work with real-time telecom hardware that are used to provide broadband data, video, and voice services to millions of homes and business across North America and Europe.
* Architect, develop, maintain and integrate various Systems Test Lab subsystems and test environments
* Work in close collaboration with Systems Test engineers, Software developers, finance and managers to insure that Calix labs support the development life cycle to meet or exceed project schedules.
* Mechanically inclined and proficient with hand and power tools use and safety practices based on prior experience
* Basic soldering skills familiarity and ability to modify/create various electrical cables from drawings a plus
* Team Player with Strong Customer Service skill set, can-do productive oriented person
* Attention to detail in all workmanship, installation, cabling runs, labeling
* Capable of managing multiple projects mitigating any down time in activity
* Basic knowledge of shipping receiving a plus
* Responsible for maintaining lab space in clean well-ordered condition, prevention of all lab safety hazards, and maintenance of ESD related equipment
* Passionate about lab support and managing large network equipment.
* Strong competency in electrical, mechanical and network fundamentals.
* Competency in MS Word and MS Excel, experience in Purchase Order systems desired.
* Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills.
* Excellent technical communication skills in English, in both verbal and written communications
* Strong work discipline and team work spirit.
* A Technical Certificate or 2-year AS equivalent as an Electrical, Electronics, or Mechanical technician is required. Recent graduates with applicable life or military experience will be considered.
Calix is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Calix is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Calix does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.