Systems and Network Security Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We are seeking a highly motivated, diligent engineer to join our IT Infrastructure team, responsible for monitoring, evaluating and improving our overall security posture. You ll work in a dynamic environment and quickly become a valued part of a team ensuring the security and performance of our corporate IT systems. You'll dive right into learning our environment and assist in planning the next phase of our IT infrastructure.
* Responsible for establishing and enforcing procedures and processes necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction
* Lead in the design and implementation of the security program with a focus on identifying vulnerabilities and to aid in the facilitation and implementation of security solutions for the entire organization
* Monitor for potential compromise, intrusion, deficiency, significant event or threat to the security of the corporate infrastructure
* Operate vulnerability assessment systems in support of intrusion analyses; determine true threats, false positives and network/system misconfigurations AND provide solutions to issues detected in a timely manner
* Ensure users adhere to necessary procedures and policies to maintain data security
* Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Experience
* Bachelor s degree in computer science, engineering or related discipline
* Working knowledge of network protocols, common services and their vulnerabilities
* Hands-on experience with NIDS (Network IDS) and HIDS (Host based IDS)
* Experience with the IT security domains such as Authentication, Audit Controls, Risk Analysis, Compliance, Forensics, Incident Response etc
* Experience with common IT infrastructure such as Workstations and Servers, Routers, Switches, Network Firewalls, Wireless Networks and Remote Access hardware
* Experience with current industry trends such as a virtual computing, mobile devices and cloud services and their impact on system and data security vulnerabilities
* Experience with security audits in support of one or more regulatory requirements (HIPAA, SOX, etc.)
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Experience
* Understanding Cisco IOS and familiarity with Cisco hardware
* Experience responding to and resolving situations caused by network and system attacks
* Experience engineering network and system security solutions using current technologies
* Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
* Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
* GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA)
Individuals seeking employment at Cirrus Logic are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.