TAF Specialist - PTOC
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
Fort Irwin, CA
3001 Cubic Global Defense, Inc.
This position is a Part Time on Call (PTOC) position working in a Training Analysis Facility (TAF) In support of the U.S. Army s mission at various Combat Training Centers in the Continental United States and Outside the Continental United States.
As a member of the TAF the TAF Specialist assists Observer Controllers and other assigned subject matter experts in the training and preparation of the Warfighter. The TAF Specialist also provides analysis and feedback through observation in real time and from stored exercise data on the events that occur during simulated combat operations. The TAF Specialist operates computer systems to create, consolidate, edit, print and present products, as well as executes developed procedures for the collection, analysis and display of rotational training data. * Duties include but are not limited to: Providing feedback and analysis on the adequacy and soundness of tactical command and control, maneuver, logistics, aviation and or intelligence. Additionally, the TAF Specialist may be required to act as a member of the Army Airspace Control (AC2) cell. TAF Specialists occasionally simulate the senior headquarters for the maneuver Battalion or Brigade. This position requires that one remains current in contemporary doctrine in all TAF functional areas and the Warfighting Functions (movement and maneuver, intelligence, fires, sustainment, command and control and protection).
* TAF Specialists also provide technical assistance for the Multi-Integrated Laser Engagement System (MILES) and instrumentation checks and installation, produce Take Home Package (THP) products and use radio systems to communicate with units and OC/T s. Typically, completed work is submitted to users with minimal supervisory review. TAF Specialist must be able to operate a computer for extended periods in an office environment and is required to perform other assigned duties as directed in order to meet customer requirements.
The TAF Specialist must be knowledgeable in operations from CO/TM to Brigade level w/enablers in full spectrum operations that include operations in urban and rural environments with basic knowledge of the Warfighting Functions, must be able to work independently with minimum guidance and may be occasionally required to lift over 50lbs. Additionally, the selected candidate must be able to obtain a valid Drivers License, maintain post driving privileges and travel off road in company vehicles and military tactical vehicles if required. Applicant must be proficient with Windows operating systems as well as proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite. Applicants must be willing to work any shift to include weekends, overtime and holidays
* Must possess a High School Diploma or equivalent, Associates Degree in Military Science or related field is desired. Applicant must be able to meet requirements in accordance with a Statement of Work with minimal guidance and supervision. Former officer or NCO with a minimum of 15 years military experience desired.
* Additional preferences include Combat Training Center (CTC) experiences, Officer Advance Course, Advance NCO Course, and Battle Staff Course graduate. Review the qualifications and Job Description for specific information.
* The experience described in your resume will be evaluated and screened for the basic qualification requirements, and skills needed to perform the duties of this position as described in this announcement. Applicants who do not provide a complete resume will be evaluated ineligible. Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. All employees are required to adhere to Company, Site, and Division Manager Directives, memoranda, policies, and procedures.
* Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.