TEACHER ASSOCIATE 2 8/9/2016
Meridian Health System, Inc
Red Bank, NJ
* Responsible for co-coordinating care and educational activities for children enrolled in the Early Childhood Education Program.
* Direct, develop, evaluate and organize learning resources in the learning environment to promote a positive learning experience.
* Participate, conduct, interact, initiate and encourage the children with small group activities during the day.
* Assess and identify the children's individual and collective learning needs and prepare a plan of instruction that caters to the full ability range in the class.
* Utilize and facilitate a variety of teaching methods and lessons designed to capture children's interest and individual learning.
* Foster appropriate skills and social attitudes in the children.
* Ensure and maintain a safe and healthy environment within guidelines established by State Licensing.
* Be knowledge of and follow State Licensing guidelines at all times.
Supervise, support and guide Teacher Associate 1 in the instructional process. * Establish a cooperative relationship with parents of children in the center and individual classrooms.
Minimum education: Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education and/or Certification as a Child Development Associate (CDA) or Certified Child Care Professional (CCP)
Knowledge of NAEYC Accreditation Standards and Criteria
Minimum work experience: 2-3 years of verified experience in a child care setting or related field
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.