TECHNICAL RESEARCH ASSISTANT II (1 YEAR POST GRAD RESEARCH EXPERIENCE REQUIRED)/ 40 HOURS / DAY / BWH ANESTHESIA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 1/4/2017
Brigham & Women's Hospital(BWH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONGENERAL SUMMARY/OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
Working very independently, under very general supervision, executes protocols involving a variety of routine and non-routine experiments at a professional level. May identify new techniques. Develops modification of existing techniques, as appropriate. In collaboration with other members of the research team, gives input to the development of design protocols. Calculates, transcribes, and analyzes data using statistical techniques. May be responsible for orienting and training new staff. May serve in a supervisory role in smaller lab.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Independently performs routine and non-routine experiments which are moderate to complex. Experiments may include specific assays, tissue culture, liquid chromatography, radioautography, and preparing special materials.
2. Calculate, transcribes and analyzes data using advanced statistical techniques.
3. Maintains long-term tissue cultures of human cell lines and monitors cells for viability and contamination.
4. Performs literature searches and helps to prepare presentations and written articles for publication.
5. In collaboration with PI or Research Manager, establishes new and modifies existing research techniques.
6. Coordinates schedule of tests and procedures.
7. Coordinates lab activities such as infection control, radiation safety, and biosafety activities.
8. Assists in the orientation and training of new staff.
9. All other duties as assigned.
BS in biological/physical science
Must have at least one year experience in a directly related research setting
High degree of computer literacy
Sound analytical and organizational skills.
Requires good oral and written communication skills
Must be able to logically and effectively structure tasks and set priorities
Ability to identify potential problems and trouble-shoot solutions
Demonstrated ability to analyze data statistically and to logically present it.
Responsible for training and orienting new staff. May serve as a team leader or supervisor in a smaller research setting.
Brigham and Womens Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability unrelated to job requirements, genetic information, military service, or other protected status.
BRIGHAM AND WOMENS HOSPITAL I CARE STANDARDS
The I CARE Standards guide me in my interactions with patients, family members, visitors, colleagues, and neighbors in my workplace and surrounding community to optimize the Brigham experience and help fulfill my role in our mission of providing seamless, high quality patient and family centered care.
C. I WILL COMMUNICATE MY COMMITMENT TO HIGH QUALITY PERFORMANCE
A. I WILL APPEAR AND ACT AS A PROFESSIONAL
R. I WILL RESPECT ALL INDIVIDUALS
E. I WILL EXTEND MYSELF