TECHNICAL RESEARCH ASST I / 40 HOURS / DAY / CARDIOVASCULAR MEDICINE
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 11/10/2016
Brigham & Women's Hospital(BWH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONGENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
Under supervision of Laboratory Manager and Principal Investigator and in accordance with established hospital policies and procedures will perform a variety of in vivo and in vitro experiments following established protocols and methodologies as well as basic lab maintenance.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The research focus of our lab is to integrate chemical tools and developmental biology in studying the mechanisms of cardiovascular, neuronal and blood diseases. The individual to be hired will join in a highly interactive and an intellectual environment and work with other group members to generate and characterize various mutant zebrafish lines for a broad range of biological studies. The successful applicant will be expected to be comfortable with basic molecular biology, protein chemistry aquaculture, and a variety of other experimental techniques. He/she will work in conjunction with the PI to define daily duties, responsibilities for documentation and core responsibilities within the lab.
* Applicants should have a degree in the sciences, including laboratory coursework. Courses in Molecular Biology, Microbiology, Biochemistry or Genetics and previous lab research experience a plus, but not mandatory as training will be provided.
* Ability to exercise independent judgment and to assume responsibility.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
1. Good computer skills.
2. Sound analytical and organizational skills
3. Good communication skills and ability to teach others
4. Good interpersonal skills and ability to work closely with others
5. Must be able to set priorities and manage time
6. Broad base knowledge of scientific principles and laboratory techniques
Brigham and Womens Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.