TECHNICIAN II 225.16
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
El Cajon, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Role Purpose
* Requires minimum three years related experience, including heat treat knowledge.
* Must be able to read blue prints, schematics and diagrams.
* Training and experience in heat treating systems integration, controls and power systems is highly preferred.
* Knowledge and experience in trouble shooting of safety, quality and technical issues with co-workers, quality and engineering functions.
* May be certified to operate forklift and/or overhead cranes.
* Must be willing to work in a repetitive production environment with concern for meeting cost, quality and schedule requirements.
High School diploma or GED, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Qualifications / Experience / Skills
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
May drill details, assembling rivets and brackets on segments and rings, trimming and paint touch up. Restores desired finish to part. Responsible for self-inspection. May grind, deburr and form parts using expanders, hot dye presses and rolls. Cuts chem-mill maskant to prepare parts for chem-milling. Works to close tolerances. May set up fixtures and operates robots to thermal spray production parts. Create and maintain heat treat schedules and registry (MS-Excel, MS-Word, LabView, TrendPro). With Quality Assurance maintain certifications and approvals for pyrometry, heat treating and curing. Develop a systematic approach and documentation for furnace/oven tuning methods. Is able to prioritize work and problem solves basic issues. Maintains a clean work environment (including assigned storage and cleaning duties) in full compliance with company standards, customer and government regulations.
GKN is an EOE/M/F/D/V employer. Candidates must meet all requirements under ITAR.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer (minorities/women/veterans/disabled)