TECHNICIAN-MECHANICAL FIELD SERVICE III -US 8/13/2016
Stewart & Stevenson LLC
Corpus Christi, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job ID #: 4971
Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Functional Area: Aftermarket
Department: 002500 - CORPUS GENERAL SERVICE
Position Type: Regular
Education Required: See Job Description
Experience Required: See Job Description
Relocation Provided: No
Responsible for diagnosing problems and performing complex and/or major mechanical repairs at the customer's place of business on customer's equipment including engines, engine components, and subassemblies.
* Accurately troubleshoot and diagnose all problems with customer's equipment.
* Identify and order parts necessary to complete repairs and routine maintenance.
* Perform complex and/or major repairs on customer's equipment. Replace parts and equipment as necessary.
* Perform routine maintenance on equipment according to established guidelines and schedules.
* Complete all work orders and time sheets in a legible, accurate and timely manner.
* Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
* Perform all work in accordance with established quality standards and safety procedures.
* Assist lower level Field Service Technicians in completing work assignments as necessary.
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) required and three to seven years related experience.
* The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
* Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
* Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
* Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
* Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following company procedures.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Basic computer navigation and utilization skills required. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) preferred.
Certificates & Licenses
Technical certification in automotive and/or diesel engine repair required. Prior experience with diesel engine repair and rebuild required.
Ability to utilize laptop computers and portable diagnostic tools required. Clean driving record and valid Driver's License required.
Additional Qualifications Preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.