TEMPORARY RESEARCH ASSISTANT / PER DIEM / DAY / BWH - ENDOCRINE
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Brigham & Women's Hospital(BWH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONGENERAL SUMMARY/OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
The individual in this position will support clinical investigation, including abstraction and analysis of clinical data, data management, collaboration with other investigators and IRB protocol development and review.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Work with investigators and other research personnel.
* Load, transform, clean study data.
* Analyze data and write results and methods sections under the supervision of the Principal Investigator and the biostatistician.
* Literature searches.
* Assist with preparation of grants.
* Meet deadlines.
* Administrative tasks such as tracking hours for projects.
* Participate and contribute at research meetings.
* Other duties as requested by the Principal Investigator. These may include utility programs, documentation and/or teaching.
High School Diploma Required. Clinical (medicine, dentistry or pharmacy) background, experience working on research projects, excellent interpersonal skills, excellent oral and written communication, multitasking capability to handle numerous simultaneous projects, and a strong commitment to excellence in research.
Required: chart review, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, solid basic computer skills.
Office area includes computer, desk, shared printer and fax machine. Occasionally flexible hours may be required to meet deadlines.
Brigham and Womens Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability unrelated to job requirements, genetic information, military service, or other protected status.
Brigham and Womens Hospital I CARE Standards
The I CARE Standards guide me in my interactions with patients, family members, visitors, colleagues, and neighbors in my workplace and surrounding community to optimize the Brigham experience and help fulfill my role in our mission of providing seamless, high quality patient and family centered care.
C. I will Communicate my commitment to high quality performance
A. I will Appear and act as a professional
R. I will Respect all individuals
E. I will Extend myself