TOOLING/FIXTURE ENGINEER (2026405)
Parker Hannifin - NORTH HAVEN, CT
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
With direct supervision, responsible for the design,
production and inspection tools to support fabrication
and assembly and test requirements.
Scope/Supervision and Interaction:
Works with other tool designers, plant personnel and
manufacturing personnel. No direct reports.
Analyze engineering drawings and/or manufacturing
engineering routings to develop designs for fixtures,
jigs, inspection equipment and support tooling for
production and assembly/test operations.
- Prepare all detail drawings.
- Coordinate tool fabrication with shop personnel.
- Provide shop support to troubleshoot tooling problems.
- Aid in the control of cutting tool inventories by the
utilization of other special tools already available in
- Assign tool coding information for tool control and
inform Manufacturing Engineering and N/C Programming of
tool codes to be used on Manufacturing Engineering
planning sheets and N/C setup sheets.
- Prepare board layouts or CAD designs to product
working drawings for tooling fabrication.
- Perform related responsibilities as required.
Qualifications:- Four year college degree in engineering
- Two years recent tool design or related experience, or
demonstrated ability to perform required duties.
- Two years machinist experience or equivalent.
- Thorough knowledge of basic math and trigonometry.
- Ability to produce legible drawings.
- Must demonstrate effective verbal and written
- Ability to work effectively with others and be a
participative team member.
The essential functions have been provided as examples
of the type of work performed by employees assigned to
this job classification. The Company reserves the right
to modify the work assignments and/or to make reasonable
accommodations so that qualified employees can perform
the essential functions. The job description is not
intended to be an all inclusive list of duties and
responsibilities. It is intended to describe the general
nature of the position.
Req. Code : 11071
Division/Department : SPG - CSS - Advanced
Other Skills : Must have Autocad/Inventor experience,
mechanically inclined, strong troubleshooting skills,
Product testing, Design tooling, Fabricating,
Prototyping. Equal opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Resident