TPMD/CMS Engineer - ReqCode 567898
Clipper Windpower - Cedar Rapids, IA
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
This motivated individual with strong analytical, leadership, and interpersonal communication capabilities, including a working knowledge of wind industry business processes, information technology, vibration analysis database systems will be responsible for defining, developing, maintaining, communicating and constantly improving predictive measures that will assess the health and longevity of the Liberty turbine.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Daily review of Ascent software to identify, isolate, extract, monitor, predict, and effectively communicate indications of reduced turbine efficiencies or warnings of future failure of drive-train components to support reducing OMSW costs.
- Define and improve analytic methods to identify reduced turbine efficiencies or warnings of future failure of drive-train components.
- Maintain applicable Ascent license administration.
- Assist with remote CMS troubleshooting regarding accelerometers, communication, other hardware discrepancies
- Continually research engineering changes to turbine components that directly affect drive train/power production and operation.
- Provide advanced analytical support to project development, CMS, RMDC, manufacturing, six sigma quality, operations and maintenance, warranty analysis, preventative maintenance, accounting, contract administration, and senior management.
- Assist with the development and actions to define new supporting metrics.
- Provide training to the RMDC / Delivery Assurance Site Supervisors and teams to understand metrics and their impacts.
- Participate and support RCA, CAPA , Six Sigma, Manufacturing, Delivery Assurance, Warranty and Engineering projects and departments.
- Discover innovative ways to improve processes that increases fleet availability.
- Develop of advanced statistical analysis tools such as algorithms and data queries.
- Support compliance to ISO-9000 company standards and procedures.
- Create a series of routine and effective reports that, among other things:
- Communicate trend analysis for key business metrics
- Condition Monitoring System (CMS) vibration trending and analysis
- Deliver prognostic analysis to reduce turbine component failures
- Support other projects as defined
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- BS or currently enrolled in an approved program working towards BS degree.
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills, including ability to edit and compose report text and correspondence and to present company information articulately.
- Able to effectively manage multiple activities simultaneously.
- Experience in gearbox, generator and bearing vibration trending analysis as well as gearbox oil particle analysis and reporting.
- Prior experience in the wind or other power generation industry preferred
- Six Sigma training and project experience preferred.
- Expert proficiency and familiarity with Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Microsoft Project, Ascent, and SCADA
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to travel to job sites.
- Moderate Noise (Example: business office with typewriters/printers, light traffic)
- Sit for long durations in an office setting
- Maintain a visual on multiple computer screens for up to 12 hours/day