TRAY LINE SERVER - weekends only
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 11/11/2016
Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY GENERAL SUMMARY:
* Works under general supervision of a Food Service Supervisor and follows established procedures and job flows.
* Assembles trays for patients.
* Cleans assigned area & equipment after meal service.
* Delivers food to patient floors.
* Delivers trays directly to patients when needed.
* Works in the dish room area as needed.
* Checks in daily food and non- food items for tray line and stores them in a sanitary manner.
* Obtains and stocks all items necessary to operate tray line from other areas of the department.
* Ensures that tray line operations run in an efficient manner.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Work assigned station on tray line / POD
* Prepare and deliver patient food trays.
* Works in dish room area stripping trays as assigned
* Prepares workstation along tray line / POD. Assembles utensils, proper containers and plates in appropriate quantity for meal service. Alert appropriate personnel within area if additional products or supplies are needed. Alert appropriate personnel to issues such as incorrect temperature, poor appearance of food, unacceptable quality of any kind as far as the food is concerned.
* Breaks down and restocks all workstations when meal service is complete. Washes assigned area of tray line / POD. Stocks all refrigerators, check temperatures of all refrigerators. Report any problems w/equipment or refrigeration to supervisor. Prepares next meal service trays with mats and napkins. May be assigned to breakdown and clean POD refrigerators, tables and condiment containers. Will be assigned to clean and polish stainless steel, reach in coolers and freezers.
* Delivers food trucks to patient floors as assigned. Assures all food trucks are placed in their gallies and secured. Picks up food tray trucks from patient floors after each meal period. Delivers outpatient/inpatient breakfasts, lunches & dinners (boxes or meals) to Emergency Department, Blood Bank, APS, Ellison 2, etcas needed.
* Pick- up and Store supplies from the DSC. Rotates all stock according to First In First Out (FIFO) procedures.
* Sweep and mop tray line area and hallway. Remove all accumulated trash to refuse area.
* Remove empty milk and bread creates to the DSC.
* Answer telephone calls and report all needs to the supervisor.
* Handles food, supplies and equipment in a manner that meets federal state, local and The Joint Commission regulations.
* Must be customer service oriented and meet all guidelines of patient rights and patient confidentiality.
* Other duties may be assigned as business and staffing needs change.
* No responsibility for the work of others
* Must care for equipment and supplies in a careful manner to keep costs down. IE. Reduce breakage of china and reduce food waste.
* Must be able to read, speak, write and understand English.
* Must be able to follow basic oral and written directions
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
* Prior experience in a food service setting preferred
* Able to communicate with a diverse patient and employee base
* Must be dependable no excessive absenteeism/lateness - per department policy.
* Understands and follows Safety and Sanitation procedures
* Must be able to bend, stoop, reach and lift weights averaging 10lbs. Must be able to lift 30lbs.
* Must be able to stand/walk for 100% of work day
* Must be able to transport minimum of 1 meal cart: maximum of 2 meal carts.
* Must be able to work independently and provide a safe work environment.
* Works in an institutional kitchen environment where there is varying levels of temperature and noise
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.