(TXVA) Long Term High School Substitute Teachers 2016/17 8/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Requisition Number
(TXVA) Long Term High School Substitute Teachers 2016/17
Long Term Substitute Teacher (Grades 9-12) INSPIRE THE FUTURE! K is a dynamic company on a mission to provide the most compelling, comprehensive, and effective K-12 education available. Our employees are a critical part of an organization that is providing powerful, new options for the way children can be educated. They have a passion for education and a drive to make a difference. We pride ourselves on maintaining the highest level of integrity. We have the same high expectations for our employees as we do for the students who are in our programs. These are just a few of the values that make K a great place to work.
Texas Virtual Academy (TXVA) is a rapidly-growing organization that offers our teachers and staff members the excitement of exploring an emerging concept in education. Daily, our talented teachers and staff experience the impact they make on the lives of students. Join us and be inspired by the potential of our students. We are in need of Long Term Substitute teachers for grades 3-12 for the upcoming 2015-16 school year. If this opportunity interests you, please submit your resume by applying online to join!
AS A VIRTUAL TEACHER, YOU WILL...
* Lead students through successful course completion
* Build a virtual environment conducive to learning
* Prioritize student needs so that each child may reach their fullest potential
* Partner with parents and colleagues to manage course goals, curriculum, and materials that best benefit the individual needs of each student.
* Create strategies to engage and nurture student learning and student relationships
* Promote creativity and excitement in the virtual learning environment
Get to know TXVA!
* Texas Virtual Academy
* Behind the Scenes
* A Day in the Life
Are you driven by excellence to deliver instruction, support and guidance, manage the learning process, and focus on students individual needs* If selected, you will participate in a comprehensive new teacher training program for three weeks before the start of school. It is an opportunity to meet colleagues and learn the responsibilities required for delivering curriculum in an online environment. During this training you will also learn how to monitor student progress through K12 s learning management system, and to be a partner actively working with students and parents to advance each child s learning.
* Minimum six (6) months of student teaching experience
* Bachelor s degree
* Appropriate State Texas License
* Meets state s NCLB s Highly Qualified Teacher requirements
* Proficient in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
* Strong written/verbal communication skills
* Ability to travel at least once per month within and between assigned geographic areas to support students, attend regularly scheduled meetings, and participate in school activities, open houses and orientations.
* The ideal teacher candidates will also have:
* Experience working with the proposed age group
* Experience supporting adults and children in the use of technology
* An ability to learn new technology tools quickly (e.g., database and web-based tools)
* Experience working in a virtual environment.
* Ability to quickly learn new technologies and tools
* Experience teaching online (virtual) and/or in a brick-and-mortar environment
* Familiar with Blackboard Collaborative or other online platforms
WHO ARE WE*
* An Open Letter from Nate Davis, Executive Chairman, K12 Inc.
* K12 Produces Results
* Kudos and Honors
K12 is a Federal Contractor seeking priority Veteran referrals, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status age genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Send This Job to a Friend