Talent Acquisition Specialist - IT 9/3/2016
Meridian Health Plan
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ABOUT MERIDIAN:
Meridian Health Plan is a family-owned, family-operated company of passionate leaders, achievers, and innovators dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our members, our providers and in the healthcare industry.
We provide government-based health plans (Medicare, Medicaid, and the Health Insurance Marketplace) in six different states (Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, and Ohio).
Our employees work hard, play hard, and give back. Meridian employees enjoy: Happy hours, special events, company sports teams, potlucks, Bagel Fridays, weekly Executive Lunches, and volunteer opportunities.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A TALENT ACQUISITION SPECIALIST - IT
This position performs ITrecruiting functions for Caidan Management Company (CMC) and focuses on attracting and selecting qualified talent for IT positions throughout the company.
* Works closely with the recruitment team and management to identify IT executive, management and non-management talent needs
* Conducts full-cycle ITrecruiting techniques and sourcing strategies, including cold calls, diversity outreach, social media, network contacts and Web searches to locate top candidates
* Mines IT candidates using Social Media Platforms (LinkedIn, Monster, Facebook, Twitter, etc.); utilizes tactical mining strategies to engage candidates
* Provides insight into the analysis, planning, and execution of CMC's recruitment strategies
* Identifies IT industry trends and best practices to implement within the organization, and develops a culture of innovation with the recruitment team
* Implements organizational best practices and standard operation procedures around CMC's hiring initiatives
* Analyzes information provided on a prospective employee's application form and resume
* Conducts all types of interviews, including but not limited to phone screens, WebEx, and in-person interviews; determines suitability of candidates
* Enter applicants into in-house Applicant Tracking System (ATS), and maintains accurate documentation of all applicant activities
* Submits background checks, and otherrequired verifications (professional licenses, EPLS, SAM, OIG and other applicable state searches) to gain adequate information on which to base a selection decision
* Posts open IT positions on the company website, internal job boards, and other online job boards as needed
* Responsible for sending offer letters to potential IT candidates
* Schedule interviews as requested, including high level all-day interviews
* Maintains regular communication with IT candidates and hiring managers to ensure proper applicant flow and timely follow-up
WHAT YOU CAN BRING TO MERIDIAN:
Bachelor's Degree in Human Resource Management, Business, Personnel Administration or equivalent is required* Skilled in interviewing techniques
* 2-5 years professional IT recruiting experience
* 1 year of experience in healthcarerecruitment preferred
WHAT MERIDIAN CAN OFFER YOU:
Our HEALTHCARE BENEFITS include a variety of PPO plans that are effective on the first day of employment for our new full-time team members.
Meridian offers 401K MATCHING is above the national average.
Opportunities for growth are abundant; full-time MHP employees are eligible for TUITION REIMBURSEMENT and all employees have access to a variety of training through Meridian University.
Meridian Health Plan was named DETROIT\'S #1 FASTEST GROWING COMPANY by Crain's Magazine, so it is a great time to get involved with Meridian.