Talent and Leadership Development Director
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
If you are looking for a role to have an immediate impact, this job is for you. CNA has a tremendous opportunity to build on its strong heritage and truly differentiate ourselves from our competitors. Having the right people in the right place at the right time is important part in doing so. We need an excellent Talent and Leadership Development professional to help us drive this agenda forward. This is an incredible opportunity to join CNA at a pivotal moment.
The Talent and Leadership Development Director is accountable for designing and implementing our Talent and Leadership Development priorities to ensure the appropriate initiatives drive improved performance and organizational business results. The role identifies, recommends, develops and directs the implementation of talent and leadership projects and processes across the enterprise. The ability to effectively collaborate with business and HR professionals, think strategically, as well as roll up your sleeves to get the job done, is essential.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
1. Drives large business-specific and/or enterprise-wide leadership programs and talent initiatives including the Talent Review and Employee Engagement processes, ensuring alignment to strategic goals.
2. Identifies, recommends, develops, and implements talent and leadership programs and processes to address business needs and advance the talent agenda.
3. Ensures consistent & high quality deliverables and service provision to clients
4. Develops communications, business plans, budgets and manages resources for designated talent and leadership development projects.
5. Directs the design, implementation, and administration of leadership development community sites and online development resources, trains clients in the use of online developmental resources.
6. Develops and maintains strong vendor, client and HR relationships.
7. Acts as leadership and talent expert across the organization. Stays up-to-date on trends within Leadership Development, Talent Management, and Employee Engagement and contributes best practices and key learnings to the team. May consult or manage the most complex or high-visibility leadership and talent issues.
8. Makes presentations to business and human resources leaders regarding leadership and talent initiatives, and leads large/complex leadership development programs.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Participates and may represent company at training association and industry functions.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
1. Experience designing and leading talent management and leadership initiatives - Talent Review / Succession Planning, Employee Engagement, Leadership & Professional Skills Development, including Coaching and Assessments.
2. Senior level expertise in instructional methods and training techniques including curriculum design principles, adult leaning theory, and blended learning strategies.
3. Solid knowledge of the organization's leadership and talent practices and procedures, and business objectives.
4. Ability to translate strategic goals into appropriate development and talent programs, and to meet and manage the changing priorities of the organization.
5. Ability to manage a team through the use of group dynamics while encouraging creativity and innovation.
6. Ability to design, develop, and facilitate training and talent management practices and programs to support strategic business goals.
7. Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills. Solid influencing, negotiation and facilitation skills with the ability to foster and maintain collaborative relationships with customers, peers, subordinates and other members of management
8. Expert on administering existing training and talent software applications, along with online leadership community sites and development resources.
9. Excellent project management, organizing and planning skills. Must be results oriented.
10. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite as well as other business related software, especially PowerPoint and Excel.
AVP or above
Education & Experience
1. Master's degree in related field, or equivalent. Professional designation preferred.
2. Typically a minimum of ten years related work experience.
Job: Human Resources
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Chicago
Other Locations: United States-Illinois-Chicago
Organization: HR Talent-Develop Leadership
Job Posting: Aug 8, 2016
Unposting Date: Ongoing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.