Tandem Van De Graaff Operator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 12/6/2016
Brookhaven National Laboratory
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Description
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Operate and maintain the Tandem Van De Graaff accelerators in accordance with the Collider-Accelerator Department Conduct of Operations
* Diagnose and correct suboptimal accelerator performance
* Complete technical projects for the facility
* Act as liaison to staff and users
* Respond to emergency situations, alarms, or occurrence in an appropriate manner
* Identify hazards, environmental concerns and unsafe conditions or practices and implement or suggest controls to minimize risks
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* AAS degree in Electronical Technology Electronics, Physics option
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* A concentration or coursework in Electricity and Magnetism.
* Experience in analog and digital electronics, computer controls and programming, as well as laboratory test and measurement-techniques are desirable.
* Relevant work experience in a laboratory setting is preferred
At Brookhaven National Laboratory we believe that a comprehensive employee benefits program is an important and meaningful part of the compensation employees receive. Our benefits program includes, but is not limited to:
* Medical Plans
* Dental Plans
* Life Insurance
* 401(k) Plan
* Pension Plan
* On site Child Development Center, Swimming Pool, Weight Room, Tennis Courts, and many other employee perks and benefits
We invite you to consider Brookhaven National Laboratory for employment. To be considered for this position, please apply online at BNL Careers and enter the job title into the Keyword Search.
Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL) is an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring that all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a veteran, disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
BNL takes affirmative action in support of its policy and to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
*VEVRAA Federal Contractor