Tank Cleaner Supervisor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/14/2017
EPSILON SYSTEMS SOLUTIONS
JOB DESCRIPTIONLocation: Honolulu, HI
Job Code: 3642
# of openings: Direct Funded
Requisition Category:Epsilon Systems Solutions, Inc. is currently seeking a full time Tank Cleaner Supervisor in Honolulu, HI.
Summary: Supervise/manage/train personnel in gas free operations to wash, clean, flush and remove impurities and chemical clean systems piping. Successfully lead crews on one or more jobs. Acts as liaison between company and customer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Operates or tends machines to wash and remove impurities.
* Add specified amounts of chemicals to equipment at required times to maintain solution levels and concentrations.
* Drains, cleans, and refills machines or tanks at designated intervals, using cleaning solutions or water.
* Draws samples for laboratory analysis, or tests solutions for conformance to specifications, such as acidity or specific gravity.
* Observes machine operations, gauges, or thermometers, and adjust controls to maintain specified conditions.
* Sets controls to regulate temperature for pumps, agitators and machines.
* Examines and inspects machines to detect malfunctions.
* Records gauge readings, materials used, processing times, and/or test results in production logs.
* Inspects tank for cleanliness prior to Marine chemist certification.
* Sets job parameters prior to start of work.
* Ensures proper safety procedures are followed at all times.
* Ensures cleanliness/neatness of work sites.
* Able to be trained to perform updates to initial Marine Chemist s certifications.
* Manages the advance planning, develop material/equipment lists and labor estimates for projects.
* Responsible for the administrative/operational leadership of projects within the program guidelines set by the customer.
* Monitors projects to ensure work scope, schedule, and budget are well defined and maintained.
* Produces Condition Found Reports (CFR), Inspection Deficiency Reports (IDR), Request for Contract Change (RCC) reports, Certificate of Completion (CoC) and Change Order Price Proposals.
* Attends and represents Epsilon at customer meetings concerning planning, production and schedule. Reports status of projects and resolves waterfront issues to the satisfaction of the customers involved.
* Conducts performance/project analyses during phase-down to benefit future/other projects/missions/programs.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Minimum of 4 years of shipboard new construction, repair, and/or moderation experience.
* Minimum of 2 year s experience managing/leading personnel.
* Effective oral and written communication skills.
* Basic knowledge/understanding of 4E specifications and NAVSEA Standard Work Items.
* Ability to obtain and maintain access to military installations and Naval shipyards.
* Able to provide training involving both on-the-job experience and training of your expertise areas; including safety related training.
* Possess a current and valid Class III Driver s License.
Epsilon Systems Solutions, Inc. and its subsidiaries are proud to be Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans.