Tape Operator II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 11/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
* Job Summary
Position is responsible for operating equipment located in the tape work centers with engineering on the development lines.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Perform setup, run execution, and shutdown procedures in compliance of tape/cable manufacturing systems requirements.
* Verify processes are within the accepted manufacturing tolerances and specifications.
* Perform in-process quality testing using but not limited to: micrometers, pin gauges, rulers, Vernier and microscopes.
* Requires lifting of equipment up to 35 lbs.
* Performs in process inspection for cosmetic defects per procedure.
* Performs autonomous maintenance
* Complies with escalation procedure and PIM processes to effectively communicate with technical staff and operation team.
* Enters data to close work orders, enter footage, enter scrap and reconcile raw material in SAP ERP system.
* Familiar with excel for entering data
* Enter and help solve suggestion cards
* Participate in kaizen events and problem solving activities
* Maintain hour by hour board --escalate and communicate issues when necessary
* Maintain shop floor data collection system
* Ability to cross train on multiple lines
* Assists in the training of other associates on an as needed basis.
* Ensures proper cleanliness of equipment and immediate area in accordance with company housekeeping, safety, and environmental, and lean manufacturing guidelines.
* Participates in departmental safety programs to include adhering to all EH&S policies and procedures, reporting and/or addressing potentially unsafe conditions, and participation in accident root cause & corrective action as needed.
* Participates in lean manufacturing activities on an as needed basis.
* Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
* Communicates with engineering and has good documentation of the process
* This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
* Planning/Organizing- Prioritizes and plans work activities. Uses time efficiently.
* Professionalism Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure.
* Quantity Completes work in a timely manner. Strives to increase productivity.
* Adaptability Adapts to changes in the work environment. Manages competing demands. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
* Computer Skills knowledge and competency for Microsoft office package.
Education and/or Experience
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* Minimum of 2 years previous related experience required or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
* Experience in extrusion/wire and cable is a plus
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to write simple correspondence.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions in both group settings and one-on-one conversations with supervisors and fellow employees.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole number, common fractions, and decimals.
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
* Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions.
Other Skills and Abilities
* Has good soft skills to work well with others.
* Quality conscious and is proficient in measurement tools.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
* stand and walk the majority of the workday;
* walk through narrow aisles;
* use hands to finger, handle, or feel;
* reach with hands and arms;
* stoop, kneel, or crouch; and
* Occasionally lift/carry/move up to 35 pounds.Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (@ 20 inches or less) for small objects, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is may be exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, chemicals, and heat exposure. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.