This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
Boston Consulting Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONCompany Information
The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) is a global management consulting firm and the world s leading advisor on business strategy. We partner with clients from the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors in all regions to identify their highest value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their enterprises. BCG was founded in 1963 and is a privately owned firm with more than 7,000 employees across 85 offices in 48 countries. Integrity, respect for the individual, delivering value, and making an impact on society are just some of BCG's core values. BCG's commitment to both our clients' success and our own standards is what sets BCG apart as a world-class professional services organization. Join BCG - start your career at a company that is consistently ranked as the leader in its field, and is acknowledged as one of the best places to work.
As a Tax Accountant you will be a part of an eight person team primarily focused on tax reporting and analysis activities and a sixteen person tax department. In addition, you will be a member of a broader finance team, which have collective goals and responsibilities. Individual responsibilities will vary depending upon the needs of the broader team, but will include delivering against both operational and project responsibilities.
The primary responsibility of the position will be U.S. income tax accounting (ASC 740) and tax return compliance. Your main responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the preparation of:
* U.S. consolidated 1120
* Federal forms 8858, 8865, 5471 and 1118
* Consolidated, Unitary and stand alone state income tax returns
* Sales and use tax returns
* State annual reports
* Year-end income tax provisions (ASC 740) for US reporting entities
Additional operational responsibilities would be to assist on a number of domestic and international tax programs on a recurring basis, which could include any of the following areas:
* Calculation of earnings and profits (E&P) for all subsidiaries
* Assist with maintenance of tax models and database
* Transfer pricing documentation
* Analysis of intercompany transactions (allocations and charges)
* Tax audit support
* Implementation of tax compliance and reporting software tools
The individual will work closely with the other members of the tax reporting and analysis group, peers within Global Accounting and Control, and external advisors. BCG operates a flexible organizational structure, such that different people depending upon a specific project or operational area will evaluate the individual. However, goal-setting and annual reviews will be administered by a Global Services Tax Manager.
* Performing other duties as assigned or required
Basic Job Requirements
We expect that the individual will be distinguished in a number of intangible and
subtleways. These include demonstrating an ability to identify potential issues, solve
problems, and find ways to get things done better. The individual must be a team
player and an effective contributor in a flexible, truly global environment.
Basic requirements include:
* 1-3 years of relevant tax accounting or tax compliance experience with increasing responsibilities
* CPA and/or MST a plus
* Experience with cash basis accounting a plus
* Excellent computer skills with a strong emphasis with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
* Prior use of tax return preparation software, tax researchsoftware, Oracle general ledger, , HFM and Microsoft Access is a plus
* Record of demonstrated accomplishment in a fast-paced, high-growth, environment, most likely within a global accounting firm or another professional services firm
* Possess the initiative to broaden one's tax technical knowledge and the desire to advance one's career as a tax professional
* Strong organizational skills; ability to multi-task
* Strong communication skills, both written and oral
* Proven strong accounting and outstanding analytical skills
* Flexibility to work independently or to collaborate with other groups
The Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable. BCG is an E-Verify Employer. Click here for more information on E-Verify. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Auto req ID 2904BR