This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONCOMPANY PROFILE
Our client is one of the leaders in the insurance industry. It's able to offer one of the most comprehensive health benefits packages available in corporate America, including free coverage from one of our pioneering insurance products, our Cancer policy.
* Ensures returns are filed by requireddeadlines
* Prepares and compiles calculations of deferred taxes pursuant to FAS 109 and SSAP10; appliesGAAP, Statutory, and income tax accounting principles to analysis of financial transactions for accurate reporting in applicable financial statements
* Performs duties with minimal direction for independent action and decision-making
* interprets and applieslaws and regulations;
* acts in an advisory capacity working with division management and/or delegated representatives;
* assists with the training and development of junior team members
* completes quantitative and qualitative reviews, and prepares requiredinternal and external records, reports, statistics, financial statements, analysis, stockholders' reports, etc.;
* develops and presents conclusions and recommendations to management;
* Identifies and resolves accounting and financial transaction discrepancies, and provides detailed explanations for variances between actual and planned activities;
* maintains complete and accurate regulatory filings;
* develops, analyzes, and implements accounting procedures in a systems environment
* Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with business partners, and state and federal agencies
* Performs other duties as require
JOB KNOWLEDGE ability to prepare statistical studies and trend analysis using internal and external information to demonstrate relevant changes and recommend improvements or solutions
* Demonstrated competencies in the areas of consulting, change management, quality, and project management