This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 11/12/2016
Omni Hotels & Resorts
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION:
Candidate should have 2+ years of experience in a public accounting or private industry tax department, strong understanding and experience preparing federal and state tax returns in multiple tax categories (corporations, partnerships, trusts, individuals, state, etc.), the ability to utilize research and tax preparation software, and advanced computer skills, including high proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with emphasis in Excel, Word and Outlook. General ledger package software knowledge a plus.
Candidate should have good interpersonal skills including the ability to work as a team member, flexibility and positive attitude in a dynamic work environment, be a self-starter with strong analytical and documentation skills, as well as possess good communication skills in order to interact with individuals at all levels within the organization and external advisors.
Under the direction of the VP of Tax, the Tax Accountant will assist the Tax Department team with the following:
* Preparation of federal and state tax returns and workpapers for TRT Holdings and affiliates. Tax preparation will include both C and S corporations, partnerships, trusts, individual and not-for-profit.
* Management of fixed assets and depreciation calculations.
* Assist with quarterly tax estimates for all entities.
* Assist with audits or correspondence from taxing authorities.
* Tax research and special projects as needed.
These duties will apply to all industry lines, including financial products and investments, hospitality (Omni Hotels), fitness (Gold's Gym) real estate and oil and gas.
* BS in Accounting, CPA or CPA candidate preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: