Tax Accountant III, Investments
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe pay a $500 minimum referral fee for any candidate who is successfully placed by our client. It's a great way to create win/wins and help those you know.)
If you meet the qualifications and are interested:
1. Please respond with some very brief bullets addressing how you believe you meet the key qualifications of the job.
2. Also enclose a WORD version of your resume.
TAX ACCOUNTANT III - INVESTMENTS, COLUMBUS, GA
Our client is known for treating our employees exceptionally well. As one of the leaders in the insurance industry, they are able to offer one of the most comprehensive health benefits packages available in corporate America, including free coverage from one of our pioneering insurance products, their Cancer policy. Employees also enjoy a host of other benefits, including advancement opportunities, opportunities for continued education and professional development, merit increases and performance bonuses, profit-sharing 401(k), stock purchase plans, and many more.
They have asked us to assist them in staffing their expanding accounting team in Columbus, GA. AS the Tax Account you will answer to the Sr Manager of Tax.
* Three years of corporate-level tax accounting experience
* Statutory Accounting Principles (SSAP)
* CPA certification preferred
* Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance
* Insurance Experience
This role prepares investment tax accounting for federal, state, and local income tax returns; collects, organizes, analyzes, and evaluates financial data and other related information necessary for the accurate preparation of tax returns
* Researches investment tax technical issues, interprets and applies laws, regulations, and municipal ordinances; acts in an advisory capacity working with division management and/or designated representatives providing guidance and clarification related to interpretation of the investment accounting procedures, policies, and practices of the company and applicable regulatory authorities
* Prepares and compiles calculations of deferred taxes pursuant to ASC740, FAS 109,and SSAP 101; applies GAAP, Statutory and income tax accounting principles to analysis of financial transactions for accurate reporting in applicable financial statements
* Performs duties with minimal direction for independent action and decision-making; collects, organizes, analyzes, and evaluates intermediate/complex investment tax financial data and other related information; completes quantitative and qualitative reviews, and prepares required internal and external investment tax records, reports, statistics, financial statements, analysis, stockholders' reports, etc.; develops and presents conclusions and recommendations to management; leads or participates on project teams or committees, assisting with the development and implementation of goals and objectives aimed at enhancing customer service, process improvement, and resource management
* Identifies and resolves investment tax accounting and financial transaction discrepancies, and provides detailed explanations for variances between actual and planned investment activities; maintains complete and accurate regulatory filings; develops, analyzes, and implements accounting procedures in a systems environment in conformance with GAAP, SSAP, SEC, IRS, and other regulatory standards; audits and evaluates systems' and procedures' effectiveness, and confirms the consistent application of investment accounting pronouncements and policies
* Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with business partners, and state and federal agencies; stays abreast of current trends and regulatory changes in the industry; conducts benchmarking activities with other companies and organizations within and outside the industry, and recommends alternative business practices, procedures, solutions, and strategies based on best practice research; assists senior team members in developing and implementing new applications and analytical models, or enhancing existing systems
* Performs other duties as required
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a related field and five years of professional job-related work experience including investment tax experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
* A minimum of three years of corporate-level tax accounting experience in an organization of comparable size
* Insurance industry accounting experience preferred
* CPA certification preferred
JOB KNOWLEDGE ability to prepare statistical studies and trend analysis using internal and external information to demonstrate relevant changes and recommend improvements or solutions
* Demonstrated competencies in the areas of consulting, change management, quality, and project management
* Salary Range $80,000 - $100,000
* Bonus 10%
* Signing Bonus - Yes
* Medical Ins.
* Dental Ins.
* Vision Ins.
* Life Ins.
If you are not qualified/interested, please feel free to put others in touch.