Tax Accountant III
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/2/2016
Cobham Management Services Inc. Orchard Park
Orchard Park, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONCOBHAM is seeking a TAX ACCOUNTANT III that will prepare estimate/extension income tax payment calculations, corporate tax returns, respond to income tax notices and inquiries, assist with income tax audits, research complex income tax issues, assist in maintaining tax basis in fixed assets and special projects. This position is located in Orchard Park, NY.
* Assist with day- to-day, monthly and year-end operations of the Tax department
* Prepare calculations used to make estimated/extension income tax payments
* Prepare pro-forma Federal income tax returns to be included in a large consolidated tax group
* Prepare stand-alone state income tax returns
* Prepare clear and concise working papers
* Respond to income tax notices and inquiries
* Assist with income tax audits (Federal and state)
* Research complex income tax issues and develop recommendations/resolutions
* Assist in maintaining tax basis in fixed assets using BNA Fixed Assets (experience preferred but not required)
* Assist with special projects as necessary which may include transfer pricing, tax basis calculations, R&D credit
* Completed Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance
* 3 years of tax accounting experience
* This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
* CPA preferred
* Self-starter with the ability to handle and manage multiple priorities
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including verbal and written communication
* Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
* Ability to prioritize workload
COBHAM\'S values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And its the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
COBHAM is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust COBHAM to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
COBHAM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER AND EMBRACES DIVERSITY IN OUR EMPLOYEE POPULATION. IT IS THE POLICY OF COBHAM TO PROVIDE EQUAL OPPORTUNITY TO ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS, OR GENETIC INFORMATION. COBHAM WILL REFRAIN FROM DISCHARGING, OR OTHERWISE DISCRIMINATING AGAINST, EMPLOYEES OR APPLICANTS WHO INQUIRE ABOUT, DISCUSS, OR DISCLOSE THEIR COMPENSATION OR THE COMPENSATION OF OTHER EMPLOYEES OR APPLICANTS.
SEE ALL OF OUR LATEST OPPORTUNITIES AT WWW.COBHAM.COM/CAREERS OR FOLLOW US ON OUR LINKEDIN PAGE AT WWW.LINKEDIN.COM/COMPANY/COBHAM
TO BE CONSIDERED YOU MUST APPLY BY GOING TO WWW.COBHAM.COM/CAREERS
Job Category: Finance
Primary Location: US-New York-Orchard Park
Organization: Cobham Management Services Inc. Orchard Park
Recruiter: Theresa Zens