This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
Under direct supervision, assist with financial research and analysis for middle or senior management for use in the development and measurement of business strategies and tactics. Assist with the preparation of tax returns, reports and related payments. Assist with preparation of U.S. federal and state and/or non-U.S. tax matters. Assists in providing technical expertise to auditors relating to Federal and/or non-U.S. income tax matters. Understands and provides guidance to Corporate Finance employees as well as other departments and auditors on simple to moderately complex tax issues. Assists with analyzing accounts and reports and preparing tax returns, tax filings and supporting documentation. Works with the Tax manager and other management to assure Federal and state and/or non - U.S. tax compliance requirements are met accurately and efficiently.
* Assists department with analyzing accounts and reports, prepares tax returns, tax filings and supporting documentation. Applies fundamental accounting concepts and practices in assigned areas.
* Assists with preparing the tax provision portion of the financial statement disclosure including identification of temporary and permanent differences and development of effective tax rate schedules. Reviews financial statements to assure that adequate tax disclosures have been made.
* Provides periodic reports and special studies for middle and senior management based on UL's financial performance.
* Assist Tax management team on U.S. and/or non-U.S. related tax matters.
* May assist Tax management on international tax laws and regulations such as: income taxes, indirect taxes such as VAT and GST, tax treaties, and tax withholdings.
* Performs other duties as directed.
* University Degree (Equivalent to a U.S. Bachelor's Degree) in Accounting, Finance or a related discipline and 0-2 years direct related work experience
* Certified Public Accountant certification preferred
* Demonstrated ability to interpret domestic and international tax concepts and regulations
* Demonstrated ability to analyze data and calculate the impact opportunities have on the company
* Working knowledge of the U.S. tax legislation and accounting principles
* Knowledge of non-U.S. direct and indirect tax statutes may be required