This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
H.J. Heinz Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Requisition ID
The Kraft Heinz Company is revolutionizing the food industry we will be the most profitable food company powered by the most talented people with unwavering commitment to our communities, leading brands and highest product quality in every category in which we compete. As a global food and beverage powerhouse, Kraft Heinz represents over $29 billion in revenue and is the 3rd largest food and beverage company in North America and 5th largest in the world. At Kraft Heinz, to be the BEST food company, growing a BETTER world is more than a dream it is our GLOBAL VISION. To be the best, we want the best best brands, best practices and, most importantly, the best people.
This is a role for someone who craves a global challenge balanced by the desire to be accountable for delivering against the model for Kraft Heinz. It is both a strategic and a tactical position. Those that do not want to get their hands dirty or build out a function against a blank slate without buying pre-packaged solutions should not apply.
Role / Title:
Kraft Heinz is seeking a Tax Accountant to prepare US federal and state tax returns. This position is exposed to significant tax planning and tax accounting. There is minimal travel. A high degree of organization and the ability to effectively maintain and utilize software systems and Excel spreadsheets is required in order to successfully discharge the responsibilities of this position.
Key Components of the role:
* Prepare federal and state/local income tax returns, franchise tax returns, estimated tax payments, and extension payments.
* Analyze financial data and apportionment data to complete federal and state income tax returns.
* Perform basic tax research.
* Prepare and maintain adequate documentation of filing positions.
* Assist with state/local income and franchise tax audits.
* Research and resolve income tax notices received by various tax jurisdictions.
* Assist in a variety of projects related to the research tax credit, state tax credits/incentives, domestic production activities deduction and tax depreciation.
* Provide additional project support as needed.
* A basic understanding of the federal and state tax laws that affect the Company.
* Bachelor s degree in Accounting or similar discipline required.
* CPA and/or Master s degree preferred.
* 2+ years of experience in tax compliance and tax accounting required.
* Large public company or public accounting experience preferred.
* Experience using Corp Tax software, Oracle s Hyperion reporting software and SAP preferred
* Proficient with preparation and use of spreadsheet models.
* Excellent analytical, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills are a must.
Kraft Heinz Company, Inc. is an equal employment employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals. As an equal opportunity employer, Kraft Heinz Company, Inc. is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the American s with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 847 646-6044 for assistance.