This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
Boca Raton, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY: TAX ANALYST, DOMESTIC COMPLIANCE
* Prepare US federal and state income and franchise tax returns.
* Prepare quarterly US federal/state income and franchise tax estimates and coordinate payments with accounts payable.
* Coordinate and review tax package submissions for Federal returns, State returns, Forms 5472 and 5471.
* Assist in domestic tax audit and controversy support and prepare/gather response materials for Audit IDRs and notices.
* Support domestic tax planning initiatives related to M7A/Divestitures/Re-structurings.
* Prepare domestic and state tax provision at legal entity level.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include bullets of specific responsibilities/accountabilities
* Gather data needed to prepare federal and state tax returns using various ERP systems
* Prepare tax packages used to assist in preparation of federal and state returns
* Prepare federal and state quarterly estimates and annual returns.
* Response to state notices.
* Prepare various forms as requested from operations.
A Bachelors degree in Accounting and preferably a CPA or MST.
Strong knowledge of federal and state income tax rules and regulations.
One to two years of prior experience preparing federal and state income and franchise tax returns.
Strong knowledge of tax accounting, ASC 740 and direct tax compliance and reporting
Strong understanding of SOX 404 requirements and related standards.
Demonstrates ability to proactively identify and implement process improvements.
Strong excel and word skills.
Able to take direction from superiors.