Tax Analyst 8/26/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tax Analyst
We are seeking a motivated individual to join the Product Tax Unit as a Tax Analyst. The position requires a team player who is highly organized, responsive, and flexible, with the ability to handle multiple projects achieving sustainable results.
The Tax Analyst will provide compliance support to one or more Business Group(s).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* communicating IRS requirements to business partners, assisting with implementation of new IRS guidance, and ensuring products and services comply with all tax rules.
* Note: Applicants are not required to have product tax knowledge when applying for this position. However, the successful candidate must have a willingness to develop technical tax skills, lead projects, as well as the flexibility to move from supporting one Business Group to another.
* This is a high visibility position that requires individuals who can effectively interact with all levels of management.
* This position provides excellent opportunities for growth and development. It is ideal for an individual with the right skill set, who is energetic, motivated, creative, and proactive.
* General understanding of Annuities business and/ortaxrules applicable to:
* qualified and non-qualified annuities (deferred annuities/annuities in payout)
* traditional and Roth Individual Retirement Annuity (IRA) contracts
* annuities purchased by an employer sponsored plans, including 401(a), 403(b) and 457 plans
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting and at least 2-5years of experience
* Ability to perform technical research using multiple resources (manuals, web-based).
* Strong written, verbal, quantitative and analytical skills.
* Ability to work independently as well as within a team structure.
* Ability to learn and adapt to change.
* Strong work ethic.
* Ability to work well with others and display objectivity in difficult situations.
* Organized and flexible.
* Understanding of risk management and/or compliance concepts.
* Proven leadership track record.
* Project management skills.