This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition -sr Tax Anayst
Location- san diego
Come join Intuit as a Tax Analyst for Software Development. Tax Analysts are tax law domain experts who are Intuit's "go-to" specialist for helping developing accurate and high-quality tax content. They apply deep understanding of income tax compliance in service to the development of tax preparation software for our Professional Tax Group customers, i.e., tax preparers across North America.
Tax Analysts develop requirements based on tax research, create tax scenarios and they validate that the tax software is in compliance with tax regulations. They may use specialized tools, templates and frameworks to:
* Interpret tax laws into logical requirements that are used to create our tax offerings.
* Develop business rules to ensure compliance with requirements
* Analyze tax data to determine customer usage and impact, assess risks to tax scope and help develop risk mitigation strategies
* Interact with customers and government agencies as Intuit forges strong relationships and partnerships
* Regularly envisions, initiates and/or leads process and product improvements based on customer insights
* Develop test cases based on tax scenarios and execute the scenarios to validate and verify accuracy and completeness of the software.
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or other business related field. Advanced Accounting/Taxation degrees, MIS, and/or MBA highly desirable
* 5+ years income tax preparation or analysis experience
* Enrolled Agent and/or CPA certification
* Previous in-depth utilization of tax preparation software programs
* Strong understanding of federal and state taxation, preferably in multiple tax categories: Individual, business, non-profit, estates and trusts, etc.
* Strong business analysis skills to communicate tax concepts to non-tax professionals
* Positive "change agent" mindsets: leadership, optimism, innovation, continuous improvement of work processes
* Working knowledge of Object Oriented programming languages - Java, C++, C#, Python--Preferred, HTML, XML