This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
Global Partners LP
The Tax Analyst is responsible for preparing motor fuel, sales and use, property tax returns for various federal and state agencies.
* Prepare federal, state and local motor fuel tax and sales and use tax returns
* Prepare journal entries and reconciliations of general ledger tax accounts
* Assist in the maintenance of tax calendar to ensure all reporting requirements are met
* Draft inquiries and assessments from various governmental agencies
* Assist with state audits and ensure data requests are gathered timely
* Assist in the maintenance of customer set up in software systems
* Draft applications for state licenses and renewals
* Research discrepancies involving tax issues with suppliers/ vendors
* Reconcile significant gains/losses on fuel tax returns
* Assist with the maintenance of tax information and documents
* Maintain and comply with the highest degree of professional standards, customer confidentiality and personal conduct
* Additional projects and duties as assigned
* Bachelor s degree in Accounting, Taxation, or related field preferred; with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
* Ability to multi-task, think independently and problem solve in a result driven team
* oriented environment
* Knowledge of GAAP, Taxation compliance, Internal Revenue codes and regulations
* Strong computer and technical skills including Microsoft Office Applications
* Experience with Right Angle and/ or Avalara is a plus but not required
* Knowledge of federal excise tax, state fuels tax and state and local sales/use tax
* An ability to work in a stimulating environment with minimal supervision
* Ability to maintain attention to detail while meeting internal and external deadlines
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
* Ability to manage the day-to-day tax activities to be able to collaborate with peers, and
* other financial management as well as with the External and Internal Audit personnel
* Demonstrated ability to identify and define tax problems, evaluate alternatives implement effective solutions
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.