Tax Compliance Senior / Manager - CPA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/28/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONLooking for Tax Compliance Senior or Manager in our Merchantville, NJ office. Individual at this level should have a minimum of five to seven years' experience as a supervisor or senior accountant and have are a CPA license and exhibit technical proficiency and the ability to supervise complete engagements. The person for this position is expected to:
* Plan, supervise and complete routine engagements.
* Supervise staff accountants, seniors, (and supervisors), and provide feedback to them, and evaluate their progress.
* Become experts in their assigned areas.
* Know and understand the reasons behind the firm's policies and procedures.
* Possess technical knowledge sufficient to supervise staff accountants.
* Recognize opportunities to provide additional services to existing clients and build relationships and loyalty.
* Demonstrate a command of pertinent IRC sections and regulations.
* Demonstrate proficiency at tax research, including knowledge of the reference sources available to the firm.
* Assume responsibility for the supervision of tax return preparation engagements by managing, supervising, training and leading staff through counsel, guidance and coaching; participate in performance review process
* Plan and participate in tax projects and compliance on various clients.
* Research and consult on various tax matters, respond to IRS and other tax authorities' inquiries when requested, and make recommendations to the client for consideration.
* Provide assistance on complicated tax matters in the state and local areas.
* Provide recommendations to business and process improvements based on knowledge gained relative to the client's operations, processes and business objectives.
* Proactively build relationships and communicate with the client to provide superior client service.
* Team with management group on proposals and business development.
* Management engagements and projects in order to achieve specific revenue and profit objectives through the management of the client's budget, invoicing for time incurred and collecting fees billed
* Invest in professional development through active participation in training sessions and networking events both internally and externally
* Demonstrate excellent team skills,
* Minimum B.S. in Accounting
* 5 to 7 years public accounting experience
* CPA license required
* Intelligent, motivated, team player
* Trustworthy, dependable
* Accounting and tax research knowledge
* Sound writing and communication skills
* Comfortable with multi-tasking, being responsible for multiple assignments and meeting deadlines
* Ability and willingness to learn
* Stable work history
BENEFITS OF OUR FIRM INCLUDE:
* Our professional staff are versed in both audit and tax disciplines
* Operate in a paperless environment
* In the office, we are informal, diverse, and business casual
* Competitive salary
* Competitive health benefits
* 401K plan with firm contributions