Senior Tax Director
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description (Role Profile)
The Senior Director Tax will report to the VP Finance and will interface regularly with the worldwide finance team, outside tax advisors, external auditors, taxing authorities and other functions within Avid. This role will be responsible for the strategy, direction and development of a high quality tax accounting organization and reporting as well as optimize the Company's tax profile and liquidity. This position will ensure compliance with tax laws in the various jurisdictions that the Company operates. This critical role will work closely with Treasury operations to manage global cash and FX exposure to maximize department performance. More specifically, responsibilities will also include:
* Direct and lead preparation of the quarterly/annual tax accounting and reporting requirements under ASC Topic 740 Income Taxes. Review with internal finance department and external auditors.
* Responsible to provide leadership and strategic direction to the team and the company to ensure an optimal tax strategy having a direct impact on Avid s financial health.
* Serves a critical role as a consultant on international tax implications and a trusted advisor to the Finance VP.
* Oversight responsibility for all US and Canadian tax provision and compliance
* Coordinate with world-wide Finance on tax accounting, reporting, compliance and tax strategies as well as Treasury operations on cash forecasting and cash strategies
* Oversee transfer pricing with affiliates; coordinate completion of new studies as required.
* Oversee tax audits, endures compliance, provides strategic direction, implements remediation plans
* Oversee implementation of tax strategies and special tax projects (E&P analysis) that have a material affect on the company s tax profile
* Optimize tax profile
* Plan and ensure structure compliance in light of BEPS
* Legal entity rationalization
* Perform tax due diligence for potential acquisitions
* Agility to lead ancillary functions including stock based compensation, cash management and foreign exchange
* Foster a strong control environment (i.e. SOX), and ensure integration of those financial reporting and operational controls into daily routines.
* Bachelor s Degree in Accounting, MS in Taxation required
* CPA preferred
* 15+ years of Tax Experience
* Strong knowledge of: GAAP reporting / tax accounting & research / international tax issues and opportunities
* In depth knowledge of ASC 740 requirements
* Ability to work hands-on and mentor a team
* Project management experience with ability to manage competing priorities
* Strong communication skills
* High tech industry experience
* Public accounting experience in Big 4 Preferred
Through Avid Everywhere, Avid delivers the industry's most open, innovative and comprehensive media platform connecting content creation with collaboration, asset protection, distribution and consumption for the most listened to, most watched and most loved media in the world from the most prestigious and award-winning feature films, music recordings, and television shows, to live concerts and news broadcasts. Industry leading solutions include Pro Tools , Media Composer , Nexis , Interplay , and Sibelius . Our digital audio and video solutions continue to revolutionize the art of creative storytelling, and have earned us hundreds of awards, including two Oscar statuettes, a Grammy , and 14 Emmys .
Avid is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or marital status.