Tax Director / Partner
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONTop Chicago-based Firm--Chicago (Real Estate)--Competitive Salary
* Highly competitive benefits and compensation package.
* Work/life balance.
* Great company culture, making a difference in lives of both clients and employees.
NOTE FROM THE HIRING MANAGER:
The Real Estate Tax team offers you an opportunity to leverage your accounting, tax and consulting experience to broaden your business and project management skills in a rewarding and challenging environment. Our client is looking for a candidate to run the real estate tax practice for the firm. This person will take over a significant book of business and be the go to person for real estate tax clients. Some relo can be provided.
The Real Estate Tax Director/Senior Manager is responsible for developing and delivering quality tax consulting services and engagements for closely held middle market companies with a focus on real estate tax. This is a Managing Director track position.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* BA or BS in Accounting, Finance or Business. MST strongly preferred.
* Business development skills.
* CPA required.
* 10+ years of public accounting experience, minimum 7+ years focused Real Estate/Partnership Tax.
* A demonstrated ability to self-direct and effectively organize, prioritize and manage multiple engagements under tight deadlines.
* Excellent analytical, research, supervisory, organizational, project management, written and verbal communications skills.
* Knowledge of complex tax concepts and applications related to federal and state tax laws and regulations.
* Ability to effectively present information and facilitate meetings.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Manage multiple engagements including compliance, consulting, and tax planning services.
* Manage client relationships by providing timely and appropriate communication and services.
* Develop and motivate engagement staff providing them with leadership, counseling and career guidance.
* Generate and/or assist with new business development activities.
* Design and communicate innovative planning opportunities to clients to ensure coordination and successful implementation.
* Manage engagement economics including budgeting, client billings and collection of accounts receivable.
* Manage IRS and state examinations.
* Supervise research projects to provide creative solution.