Tax Incentives Intern (Research & Development Intern)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
BDO USA, LLP
Grand Rapids, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary
BDO s Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Our Core Values reflect how we manage our work, our relationships and ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves day in and day out, both internally and externally.
An STS Research & Development Intern is responsible for assisting identify, document, and support on exam R&D tax credits and incentives. In this role, the R&D Tax Services Intern utilizes his/her educational background as well as communication and organizational skills to help companies in a variety of industries.
- Enrolled in a Bachelors or Masters program in Accounting or other relevant field required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and Word
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and basic research skills
- Solid organizational skills, especially ability to meet project deadlines with a focus on details
- Ability to successfully multi-task while working independently or within a group environment
- Proven ability to work in a deadline-driven environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Capability to interact professionally with people at all organizational levels of the firm
- Ability to works independently within a team environment to complete responsibilities on-time and within agreed -upon deadlines
- Tendency to works to understand why a task is being performed and to seek learning opportunities
- Demonstrated interest in performing self-study to further develop technical competency and knowledge of issues impacting the R&D credit
BDO USA, LLP is an EO employer M/F/Veteran/Disability