This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 12/21/2016
Want a career where you are empowered to make a difference* Want to work for a company that is environmentally responsible* Want to grow and develop on the job* If so, FedEx is the place for you! Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions. FedEx serves more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx employees. FedEx has over 300,000 talented employees who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding. FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer. Here are some of the recognitions FedEx has received from the past couple of years: * FORTUNE Magazine: No. 8 among World s Most Admired Companies and No. 1 in the delivery industry (2014) * Glassdoor, Employees Choice Awards: Top 50 Best Places to Work (2014) * FORTUNE Magazine: 100 Best Companies to Work For (2013) * Computerworld: 100 Best Places to Work in IT (2013) * Corporate Responsibility Magazine "100 Best Corporate Citizens (2014) When 300,000 employees around the globe are all working together it is amazing what we can achieve! FedEx connects people and ideas. If you would like to make a difference on a global scale while receiving top notch benefits, competitive pay, and plenty of opportunities to develop, click Apply Now and tell us more about yourself.
Position Summary and Essential Duties
Under close supervision, works on moderately complex projects, including tax return preparation, tax accruals, audits, tax planning and research, related to the application of US, foreign, state and local tax laws.
Job Specific Information
Full-time Tax internship opportunity in Memphis, TN starting in January 2017 through June 2017.
* Candidate must be actively enrolled in a degree program at an accredited U.S. institution and returning to complete the degree program following the internship or enrolled to complete a Master's degree following the internship
* Candidate must maintain good academic standing
Resume should include the following information:
* College address and permanent home address
* College telephone number and permanent home telephone number
* Overall GPA and Major GPA
* Date of intended graduation
* If you have already graduated or will be graduating with a Bachelor's prior to the start of the internship, must indicate enrollment for Master's degree on resume (must include university name, major and intended start date).
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities Considered a Plus
* Candidate for a Bachelor's Degree (Junior or Senior status) or Master's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Systems, Business Administration, Economics or related field
* Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
* Ideally, a student should be available for full-time employment within 6-12 months after completion of the internship
High school graduate or equivalent. Current college student pursuing a Degree in accounting, finance, information systems, business administration, economics or related discipline. Strong analytical and communication skills.
FedEx is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (minorities/females/disability/veterans) that is committed to diversifying its workforce..