This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/9/2016
END DATE 5/9/2017
Modular Space Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONMore information about this job:
ModSpace seeks a qualified, experienced Tax Manager to support North American operations from our Berwyn, PA headquarters (suburban Philadelphia).
ModSpace has 80+ locations across the US and Canada and more than 40 years of history. For more baout what we do, visit our YouTube Channel!
The Tax Manager directs tax accounting staff and manages all business tax accounting activities for the organization. Maintains the company s tax records and oversees the preparation of requisite tax returns, related schedules, and reports by jurisdiction. Examines accounts and records and reviews computations of taxes owed according to prescribed rates, laws, and regulations. Drives compliance with periodic tax payments, information reporting, and other taxing authority requirements. Advises management regarding effects of business activities on taxes, and on strategies for minimizing tax liabilities. Represents the organization before taxing authorities for audits and reviews.
The Tax Manager reports directly to the VP-Controller and will lead a team of individuals with specific focus on:
* All business tax accounting activities related to sales & use, property taxes, and income taxes;
* Tax compliance
* Quarterly and annual consolidated tax provision reporting in accordance with GAAP; and
* Tax planning, projections and forecasting
Successful performance of this role will be based upon efficient and effective tax compliance, risk management, process optimization, and execution of tax planning strategies based upon the Company s financial profile inclusive of U.S. and Canadian operations.
Day to day activities may include:
* Assist the VP-Controller and CFO with the execution of Company-wide tax planning objectives.
* Advise management regarding tax-effects of business activities.
* Ensure appropriate application of Company-wide tax laws to minimize risks and exposures.
* Management of the completion of local, state, federal, sales & use, and property tax filings, with the assistance of the Company s tax consulting firm. Ensure jurisdictional compliance with filing requirements based on business activities.
* Coordinate with the Company s tax consulting firm to complete quarterly & annual income tax provision computations and related reporting and disclosures in accordance with ASC 740 and FIN 48, including evaluation of the effective tax rate, review of tax accounts, and valuation allowances.
* Review of monthly reconciliations and activity for all of the Company s tax accounts.
* Review and execution of tax payments in coordination with the Company s Treasury function.
* Completion and resolution of tax audits.
* Monitor, review, and update Transfer Pricing arrangements.
* Tax Forecasts.
* Provide guidance to the Company s sales organization for sales tax questions and interpretation.
* Coordinate with the Company s IT Support Group from time-to-time for purposes of maintaining and updating tax and billing software.
* Maintain current knowledge of applicable tax laws related to business operations; and pursuit of best practices.
A ModSpace Tax Manager must have:
* Bachelor s degree in Accounting & CPA License
* A minimum of 8+ years of progressive responsibility in tax/accounting field
* Effective written and oral communication skills and management, training, mentoring and other interpersonal skills
* Strong analytical and reporting skills including the ability to translate financial information to business consequences and solutions
* A minimum of 3 years experience supervising or managing a team of direct reports
* Masters in Taxation
* In-depth knowledge of state and federal tax law, practices, issues, and filings
* Familiarity with a multi-location working environment
* Familiarity with Vertex and/or PTMS applications
All ModSpace team members must have:
* PC Proficiency in a Windows environment with MS Office Suite
* Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, presentation and organizational skills
* A drive to provide world-class customer service
* The highest levels of integrity
If you are a well-qualified candidate, please submit your resume in confidence today!
For the latest updates, follow ModSpace on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ModSpaceCareers and LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/ModSpace
A career with ModSpace offers professional development and opportunity with a stable and growing North American firm. Our mid-size means our employees enjoy the resources of a large company in an environment where they are highly visible and have a direct impact on performance.
We provide a state-of-the-art, business casual office environment, in addition to a wide range of valuable employee benefits.
Not only do we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, but also the following programs which are fully company paid:
* Basic life/AD&D
* Dependent Life Insurance
* Short-term disability
* Long-term disability
* Business travel accident coverage
* Employee Assistance Program
* Paid Time Off
* Tuition Reimbursement (up to established/US Federal pre-tax limit)
In addition, employees may take advantage of numerous optional benefits, including:
* 401(k) plan with employer contribution (US) / Defined Contribution Plan (Canada)
* Supplemental life insurance (individual & dependent)
* Flexible spending accounts (US)
* Company-Wide Wellness programs
Come build your future with ModSpace.
With over 40 years of history and locations across North America, ModSpace is the premier provider of modular space solutions to a well-diversified client group including the commercial, construction, education, health care, and government segments. Our value proposition varies across segments and customers, meeting needs for quality control, speed to market, temporary facilities or facilities which can relocate to meet changing needs. As an employer and a business partner, we are committed to the highest levels of quality, integrity, teamwork and customer excellence.
For more information about ModSpace, please visit www.modspace.com in the US or www.modspace.ca in Canada.
ModSpace believes diversity makes us a stronger organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, sex, national origin, age, marital or family status, sexual orientation, genetics, disability, military or veteran status or any other legally protected condition or characteristic.