Tax Manager, International and Expatriate Tax
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONABOUT OUR CLIENT:
Our client is not your typical CPA firm! You are part of a growing international tax "family" with huge opportunity to learn and apply your amazing international tax knowledge. They offer proven international tax and expatriate consulting and compliance solutions to multinational organizations and high net worth individuals.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Due to their significant growth, they are looking for a TAX MANAGER WITH 5 -10 YEARS OF TAX COMPLIANCE EXPERIENCE with a public accounting background and strong individual expatriate tax and foreign reporting experience.
This position is located in the DC metro area.
* Serve as point of contact for key clients, technical resource to staff and will review many returns with international concerns.
* Oversee a book of business, managing project work, and monitoring budgets and profitability
* Review U.S. individual tax returns for U.S. residents, expats, and foreign nationals w/diverse financial interests
* Review certain entity returns (e.g., partnerships, corporations, trusts--depending on experience)
* Provide guidance to onsite staff in technical, process, and client-relationship matters
* Coordinate with other Engagement Managers to ensure efficient delivery of services
* Providing training and feedback to staff
* THE QUALIFIED TAX MANAGER WILL BE A CPA OR EA
* 5 TO 10 YEARS OF U.S. TAX COMPLIANCE EXPERIENCE WITH A PUBLIC ACCOUNTING FIRM, WITH A FOCUS ON PRIVATE CLIENT SERVICES OR HIGH-NET-WORTH INDIVIDUALS
* Technical experience in expatriate taxation, international taxation, and/or U.S. reporting of foreign income, entities, or assets
* Required forms knowledge: 14, 14NR, 1116, 2555, and 8938.
* Ideal forms knowledge: 8621, 5471, 8833, FBAR, 352, 8865, and entity forms (165, 112, 112-F, 141).
* Team player and loves coaching with an entrepreneurial and career-oriented mindset
* Also ideal: familiarity with reporting of foreign financial assets (FBAR international taxation; tax planning for high-net-worth individuals; corporate, small business, and entity taxation; changes in residency status; tax equalization; expatriation (Exit Tax); IRS Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Programs (OVDP); passive foreign investment companies (PFICs); and foreign pensions, trusts, and investments.
BENEFITS: Benefits are highly competitive with the industry (Big 4) standards and include Health Care, 41k with generous match, 4 weeks paid time off and most importantly, the role offer considerable opportunity for learning and growth and the opportunity for participation in an international professional exchange program, and more!