Tax Manager - Provision and Compliance
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
Global Experience Specialists, Inc.
Viad Corp (NYSE:VVI) is a diversified services company that operates companies to provide high-quality, place-based marketing services in North America, the United Kingdom, Europe and the United Arab Emirates. Our companies include our Travel & Recreation Group, composed of Brewster Travel Canada, Glacier Park, Inc., and Alaska Denali Travel, delivers premium travel experiences in and around North American national parks and our Marketing & Events Group, composed of Global Experience Specialists and affiliates (GES), which offers comprehensive, best-in-class exhibition and event production and service delivery, cutting edge creative and design, critical measurement services and an unparalleled global reach.
This position prepares and reviews federal and state income and property tax returns as well as the quarterly ASC 740 calculations, researches to determine tax treatment of transactions, and supervises state and local tax audits.
* Key role in preparing and/or reviewing the calculation of the domestic and international consolidated tax provision (ASC 740 - accounting for income taxes) utilizing OneSource software
* Analysis and reconciliation of deferred tax assets and liabilities.Prepares tax disclosures for financial statement purposes.
* Prepares the quarterly and annual forecast of consolidated effective tax rate.
* Prepares the consolidated domestic corporate tax returns for US foreign branches.
* Ability to identify technical tax matters, knowledgeable of the income tax accounting rules, and able to collaboratively work towards a solution.Ability to manage and develop staff.
* Ability to take direction and work collaboratively with peers and senior management.
* Great team spirit and strong work ethic.
* Must be able to work well under time constraints and deadlines.
* Ability to interact with cross functional teams and develop relationships to ensure that tax department data needs are met.
* Knowledge and experience with US income tax provision and federal and state tax compliance is necessary.
* 5 to 7 years of relevant experience with Big 4 or Multi-national companies.
* Masters in tax with accounting undergraduate degree.
* CPA preferred.
* Experience with tax strategic analysis, and tax planning in both a domestic and international environment.
* Experience with tax software.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including vets and disability
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our workforce. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We are a drug-free workplace, and where allowed by law, conditions offers of employment on satisfactory completion of a drug screen and passing of a background check.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or unable to access or use this application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact email@example.com for assistance.